[SOLVED] Deciding on Upgrades

Jul 1, 2020
Hey guys, I am having trouble on what I should upgrade for my pc. My specs right now are:

I7 8700
Asus Prime h310 motherboard
MSI GTX 1060 3GB
1tb hdd and 120gb ssd
Air cooling
500w psu
16gb ram
Now I am considering getting a new motherboard and processor. But I dont know if I should get a M.2 ssd and More ram instead. I am considering the I7 9700k or i7 10700k, both would require a new motherboard and Possibly liquid cooling. Which adds up to be a lot of money. A 10th gen is 400$ and 9th gen is 367$. What do you guys think is best to upgrade?

Solution
Hey guys, I am having trouble on what I should upgrade for my pc. My specs right now are:

I7 8700
MSI GTX 1060 3GB
1tb hdd and 120gb ssd
Air cooling
500w psu
16gb ram
Now I am considering getting a new motherboard and processor. But I dont know if I should get a M.2 ssd and More ram instead. I am considering the I7 9700k or i7 10700k, both would require a new motherboard and Possibly liquid cooling. Which adds up to be a lot of money. A 10th gen is 400$ and 9th gen is 367$. What do you guys think is best to upgrade?
The CPU and motherboard have lots of life left in them, I wouldnt recommend upgrading those. Also, keep in mind, upgrading from your M.2 SSD will wipe your operating system if youve...

I7 8700
MSI GTX 1060 3GB
1tb hdd and 120gb ssd
Air cooling
500w psu
16gb ram
The CPU and motherboard have lots of life left in them, I wouldnt recommend upgrading those. Also, keep in mind, upgrading from your M.2 SSD will wipe your operating system if youve installed it on there, youll most likely lose all your data and youll have to reinstall Windows via USB. If youre looking to boost performance, I would swap the GPU for something a bit newer but thats about it. And 16GB of RAM is great btw, it can handle pretty much all games with other apps in the background.

Solution

Fremy

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
I think your processor is very powerful and there is no need to change and 16GB RAM is more than enough to game for now.

If you want to change a component in this system it should be your graphic card which has a only 3GB VRAM.

If you think your 120GB SSD is not enough for you, you can add a new SSD.