[SOLVED] Deciding which GPU I should get

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hello everyone on toms forums it’s been a long time since I’ve been here.

I’ve quit pc building awhile ago and decided to come back, it’s just hard to stay away from.

anyways I’ve bought all my parts expect for the GPU of course if you’re curious here’s my specs.

MSI B450i performance AC ITX
r5 2600
Corsair Vengance LPX 2400mhz 16gb Dual Channel ram
Samsung 840 Evo 120gb (old but got it from my friend)
500gb WD black 2.5inch 7200 RPM HDD
Corsair sf600 gold

I’ve found a couple of cards specifically for my build.

RTX 3060TI for 650 dollars
RTX 2080 ti EVGA HYBRID for 800 dollars
RTX 3070TI for 950 dollars

of course I could opt for the 3070TI considering its a good deal at that price range, although I was tempted with the 2080TI hybrid because it’s water cooled with an AIO so it could help with temps in my ITX build.

althoigh the reason why I listed the 3060TI is because of my power supply, some say that even 600w should be quite enough even for 3070TI but i wasn’t too sure which is why I was looking for a GPU that requires less wattage.

so what GPJ should I get would really be a nice help, the 3070TI would be a huge upgrade but wattage is my concern, my cpu is a 65w TDP cpu but when stressed it can use 80 after doing some research, I do know there would be a bit of bottleneck but I’ll upgrade later on.

thank you for reading!

Solution
Hello everyone on toms forums it’s been a long time since I’ve been here.

I’ve quit pc building awhile ago and decided to come back, it’s just hard to stay away from.

anyways I’ve bought all my parts expect for the GPU of course if you’re curious here’s my specs.

MSI B450i performance AC ITX
r5 2600
Corsair Vengance LPX 2400mhz 16gb Dual Channel ram
Samsung 840 Evo 120gb (old but got it from my friend)
500gb WD black 2.5inch 7200 RPM HDD
Corsair sf600 gold

I’ve found a couple of cards specifically for my build.

RTX 3060TI for 650 dollars
RTX 2080 ti EVGA HYBRID for 800 dollars
RTX 3070TI for 950 dollars

of course I could opt for the 3070TI considering its a good deal at that price range, although I was tempted with the 2080TI...
That would be great choice and yes my case does support atx psu although it won’t fit considering how pack my case already is, ive seen people mounting the psu at the front of the case instead of the back but that won’t work in my case mainly because of my GPU it’s too wide.

oh and my case is the SilverStone SG13.

I actually lend my old psu the rm750 to my cousin and of course I’m not going to ask him to give it back. So my only options is either get a bigger itx case or find a higher wattage sfx psu.

Considering how little airflow you have in that ITX case and how hot running a RTX 3070 Ti is, I think you're better off buying a larger case with better airflow and room for an ATX PSU instead of upgrading to a better SFX PSU and still having the same airflow and cooling problems as before.