[SOLVED] Dedicated or onboard sound card?

Solution
Thanks for reply but i think sound is better with soundblaster that with onboard more powerful,more crispy

I have not used a sound card in 15 years, but why would you NOT use the Soundblaster?

It's your ears. Your ears say it's better. Who else's ears would be a better judge?

Placebo effect or not.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not a huge audiophile, but since the early 2010s or so, they've been pretty good about isolating the chipset audio from the rest of the electronics. Usually just make sure the chipset isn't the cheapest and go from there.

Gigabyte seems very reluctant to put the chipset in the specifications or in the manual, so I can't actually say if it is a decent one or not. Which is odd, since my last three motherboards have been Gigabyte, and they always listed the chipset model.

dimitris_37

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
I'm not a huge audiophile, but since the early 2010s or so, they've been pretty good about isolating the chipset audio from the rest of the electronics. Usually just make sure the chipset isn't the cheapest and go from there.

Gigabyte seems very reluctant to put the chipset in the specifications or in the manual, so I can't actually say if it is a decent one or not. Which is odd, since my last three motherboards have been Gigabyte, and they always listed the chipset model.
Thanks for reply i think the chipset is realtek Dch dunno if is good?

I have used all 3 of these with my AGK 712 Pro’s

MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
ASUS Phoebus
Sound Blaster X7

None comes anywhere close the Schiit Asgard 3 with multibit DAC that I bought secondhand. Really was impressed how much better it was over the ASUS Phoebus and Sound Blaster X7.

From what I have read Sound Blaster don’t do anything that comes close to entry level audiophile equipment and given my experience of their high end X7 I would agree but I’m no audiophile.