Dedicated Physx card

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I have a AMD 7870 graphics card on my rig that does EVERYTHING I want it to except run physx adequately . The Physx ends up running off my CPU which makes the games lag so much they become unplayable. However, I refuse to turn it off since I bought the card SO that I could get play my games with maxed out settings. Without physx in games I'm playing which support it, flags don't move in the wind, all the floating leaves, snow effects are gone, as are most other weather effects. Curtains, plastic sheets, destructible scenery, all gone or reduced to the point that they feel like I'm playing a game from 2005. Unacceptable.

So what can I do, by any means necessary, short of buying an new high end graphics card, so that the games will run as I want them to?

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
So in other words, if you want to run all games at max settings the only option is to buy Nvidia. Even though AMD presently have faster cards, a far slower NVidia will still get better results on any game (which is quite a few) supporting physx.

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
It is possible however the AMD card must be more powerful than the Nvidia card and it must be put into the first PCIE slot.
the Nvidia card should be put into the second PCIE card
then you would have the reset the CMOS.

However who knows the problems that could come forth when doing so.

Why would the CMOS need to be reset?

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Slap me if you must, better yet punch me. I got this off another thread though it would be useful. Guess not
my bad

MrAMD

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

AMD have more steam process compare to nvidia. If Nvidia have the same steam process as AMD did they would fall off the tree. It funny that AMD doesn't want to buy license from greedy nvidia to have physx on the video card But they do buy for an SLI to run on the motherboard they offer. If they did then they would have been faster than nvidia by having all that cores.

I remember back in the day where physx card was around that you could add on to both video card till nvidia bought them out.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1724341/question-radeon-6870-dedicated-physx-card.html

So Nvidia is greedy because their former employee slagged them off? Nice biased prejudice you've got there.

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

honestly I don't think so. as game engines become more and more powerful graphically and realistically features that are similir to PhysX are already in the game engine rendering having a dedicated PhysX card useless. However this is just my theory I could be wrong

MrAMD

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
You can try this Then try http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/physx-fluidmark/ and then unhook AMD/ATI video card then installed the nvidia card and then installed driver and then set the physx to GPU then installed AMD/ATI video card back on to the computer as main primary card and see what it do

Ponyface

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
what cpu do you have that it is battling so? my brother has an old first gen i5 and a 7950 and he maxes (or close to it) everything out on most games! are your physx drivers up to date?

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I'm not sure if my physx drivers are up to date, they game with a game. I'll update them in anycase now hat you've mentioned it. As for my rig:

Grahpics Card: AMD 7870 with 2GB of video memory.
MotherBoard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
CPU: Phenom II 2X 565
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333mhz
OS Drive: Crucial 64GB SSD (M4-CT064M4SSD2)
Game Drive: Western Digital 500GB SATA 7200 RPM drive.
PSU: 600W ANTEC

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013
I have an AMD motherboard so I'm not going to be able to put ain Intel CPU in it and I don't plan to change my motherboard, I just got it.

I'm wondering, will getting a AMD FX 8350 make a large difference to my performance?

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

yea but that solution in no way answers your question. Remember when you pick a solution expect people to look in this thread for the same question and when they see something like that as a solution they're gonna be like 'wtf' and results in the creation in another question, not that it's a problem but it could save the hassle of a person of going through a 2 day struggle to get their answer

Eran English Guy

Honorable
Sep 8, 2013

Shit, did I click on best solution? If so I didn't see that I did. How did I do that?