Dedicated PhysX Card

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

commishbob

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Community:

Would someone have recommendations regarding the minimum specs for a dedicated PhysX card (or the minimum model of nVidia card; i.e. 9800GT). I have some spare cards lying around that are decent but not what I want to use for the majority of the graphics processing and was thinking they may be good candidates for dedicated PhysX cards.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
first of all what is @commishbob graphics card? because a dedicated physx card can do worst than your main card (depending on what it is) i have already tested, i have with me a 560 ti and a 9800gtx+ adding the 9800gtx+ to physx, the performance of physx was worst than letting the 560 ti do it by itself, so i think to you really benefits from dedicated physx, first the dedicated card should be close to the main card, or the main card will do the job better.

and if you have 2 equal video cards i would recommend going for SLI, because also dedicated physx will perform worst than you SLIed video cards calculating physx.

Yes the physx games list is very small,those are ALL the games that support it...
Status
Not open for further replies.