Question Dedicated Video Memory vs Total Available Graphics Memory

Feb 26, 2022
I'm currently trying to optimize my PC and I went to look at my VRAM and it says my "Total Available Graphics Memory" is 16348 MB & and my "Dedicated Video Memory" is 8192 MB. I'm wondering if those numbers are supposed to be different or be the same? I want to get the most out of my VRAM as possible, please help. Thank you.

I want to add, I'm fairly new to all of this and I was experiencing heavy input delay in the games I play but the FPS stayed the same and never drop. I looked up how to optimize my PC and nothing really helped so if anyone has any information that can help I would appreciate it.
GPU : AMD Radeon RX 5700

Last edited:
Sorry I got confused. I was doing a few things at once, I was optimizing the virtual ram and I was wondering am I only supposed to change it for my C drive or my D drive as well.

That all depends on your setup.

If both HDD. I set the virtual memory to D drive only and automatic. As most operations normally occur on C (OS and programs).

If SSD and HDD. I set the virtual memory to the SSD. As it'll provide faster swap.

If both SSD. Same as if both HDD. Unless one SSD if appreciably faster in write operations. Such as NVMe and cheap SATA. Then the fast one gets the swap file.