Review DeepCool AK620 Review: More Affordable Excellence

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I really liked this cooler - almost Noctua NH-D15 and DeepCool Assassin III performance (within a couple degrees C) but for $30 cheaper.

And that's for 10-core overclock on i9-10850k. For most other CPUs, the gap would likely be even smaller.

I'd like to get an air cooler that is <= 150mm. I like ITX cases, and while they often are space-constrained, some do allow for decently sized air coolers (like the NR200). It seems that 155mm is often the limit, though, and most of the top air coolers seem to be >= 155mm. The Noctua NH-D15 is 160mm & 165mm with the fan. So just a few mm shorter would really help with these style of ITX cases.

vinay2070

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Whats the difference between Core Delta T and PWM Delta T? Thanks. I wish a there was a master chart with all entries to see where my noctua U14S sits at.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The NH-D15 is 6 degrees cooler at 50% and has lower fan speed and is about 1/2 as noisy. Not close.

Less than 4C at 100%. Also, its $30 cheaper than everything else in the same performance bracket and performs nearly as well.

So, yes, if this is about semantics of a few degrees Celsius and that discrepancy is a big issue to overcome, as a buyer, you're likely not looking at this cooler anyway and have already decided on something 'better'.

Aug 4, 2022
Great, thorough review. I picked up one of these for my new AM5 system this 'Black Friday' for $42. A smashing deal compared to the NH-D15 at $140 (Both newegg prices).

TRENDING THREADS