Deepcool Announces Dual Fin Array Cooler for $60

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]oj88[/nom]Isn't it just like Noctua NH-D14? I wonder how can deepcool get away with patent infringement.[/citation]
There are many coolers like the NH-D14.

EX:
Thermalright Silver Arrow and the ThermalTake Frio Extreme.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]goodguy713[/nom]4 corners one on each side .. it would litterally be a tug of war ..[/citation]
[citation][nom]ShadyHamster[/nom]for proper air flow you can only fit 3 fans to this cooler, 1 in the middle and 1 on each end.[/citation]
You could still get excellent air flow with four fans, one on each corner. One would need four fans arranged in a 3:1 or 2:2 intake to exhaust ratio. If you had three intake fans pushing air in (again, one on each corner, nothing in the middle of the heat sink) and one fan with a very high static pressure (like a Delta fan) on the rear pulling to exhaust the heat, I'd imagine one would achieve very good thermals but at the cost of extreme noise.

[citation][nom]goodguy713[/nom]yea im thinking 4 fans facing one direction ? ... push pull push pull.. tug of war any one?[/citation]

[citation][nom]goodguy713[/nom]im thinking 4 fans facing one direction = jet stream.. push pull push pull any one? sounds like a tug of war .. to me..[/citation]

[citation][nom]goodguy713[/nom]4 corners one on each side .. it would litterally be a tug of war ..[/citation]

If you can find a way to put four fans on it with just the regular brackets, then you have an argument worth looking into just for kicks. Until such a time, please notice how there are only sockets on the cooler to install up to three fans in the orientation that SahdyHamster has described.

[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]You could still get excellent air flow with four fans, one on each corner. One would need four fans arranged in a 3:1 or 2:2 intake to exhaust ratio. If you had three intake fans pushing air in (again, one on each corner, nothing in the middle of the heat sink) and one fan with a very high static pressure (like a Delta fan) on the rear pulling to exhaust the heat, I'd imagine one would achieve very good thermals but at the cost of extreme noise.[/citation]

I'm fairly sure that a triple push-push/pull-pull setup would offer better thermals and lower noise, all while actually having the slots for the brackets so you can actually do this properly without minor modding. Maybe i'm wrong, but I on't see slots for the fan brackets to be installed in the way that you and goodguy713 have described.

I'd bet if you really tried, you could get 12x 60mm fans on there. The noise would be tremendous, but hey, 12 fans. 27x 40mm fans??? I have two fans on my Xigmatech and it cools pretty well, though no wheres near the Noctua or the Phanteks I been looking at. Twin towers and three fans sounds like about the limit of how insane air cooling can get, I seen pictures of how big they are getting, pretty soon you won't be able to use RAM or the top PCIx socket. Really, this is getting out of hand.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]jossrik[/nom]I'd bet if you really tried, you could get 12x 60mm fans on there. The noise would be tremendous, but hey, 12 fans. 27x 40mm fans??? I have two fans on my Xigmatech and it cools pretty well, though no wheres near the Noctua or the Phanteks I been looking at. Twin towers and three fans sounds like about the limit of how insane air cooling can get, I seen pictures of how big they are getting, pretty soon you won't be able to use RAM or the top PCIx socket. Really, this is getting out of hand.[/citation]

lol! you may as well mod a vacuum cleaner or something to push/pull air through the heatsink, will be just as loud :p

[citation][nom]ShadyHamster[/nom]lol! you may as well mod a vacuum cleaner or something to push/pull air through the heatsink, will be just as loud[/citation]

Not necessarily. You could use quieter, maybe lower RPM 60mm/40mm fans. They wouldn't have anywhere near the airflow of a triple 120mm/140mm setup that makes similar amounts of noise, but they don't need to be very noisy if you don't pump up the RPM, especially with how many 60mm and 40mm fans have been optimized to make less noise without reducing RPM in comparison to older fans of the same size.

[citation][nom]jossrik[/nom]I'd bet if you really tried, you could get 12x 60mm fans on there. The noise would be tremendous, but hey, 12 fans. 27x 40mm fans??? I have two fans on my Xigmatech and it cools pretty well, though no wheres near the Noctua or the Phanteks I been looking at. Twin towers and three fans sounds like about the limit of how insane air cooling can get, I seen pictures of how big they are getting, pretty soon you won't be able to use RAM or the top PCIx socket. Really, this is getting out of hand.[/citation]

I've never seen an air cooler that blocks low-profile RAM. i'm not saying that there aren't any, but I haven't seen any.

Also, although it is almost defintiely not what you meant, PCI-X is actually an interface usually used in some very old servers and that was based on PCI, so that would be the wrong term to use unless this is what you meant by it. What you probably should have said instead of PCIx is expansion slot. Nit-picking, I know, but still.

[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]Is this news or an advert?Im confused.[/citation]

Tom's is just telling us about a new high-endish cooler. I'd consider that at least minor news. It isn't like they're toting it as incredible, a must-buy for any computer user, or any other such advertising crap. They do the same when new graphics cards and new CPUs come out, yet with other hardware, they get accused of making an article strictly for advertising. Maybe they were paid to show us this, maybe not. Regardless, it seems to be a somewhat higher-end cooler with a decent price and the article is fairly informative about it without trying to shove it down our throats. What is there to be confused about?

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]oj88[/nom]Isn't it just like Noctua NH-D14? I wonder how can deepcool get away with patent infringement.[/citation]
Apple is the only one who'll patent/sue for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.