DeepCool Announces IceEdge 400E CPU Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firion87

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
I will be rude a bit: I had the IceEdge 400XT for 1,5 year. It wasn't bad but neither particularly spectacular. I had it cooling a i3 2100 and it held it on 55°C max at 980 rpm; it had a present sound but not noisy. Good points are this one will be cheap because of the cheaper 92 mm cooler and without the fancy paint job; another good point are the cooling fins above the CPU (taped it once to find out it makes 2°C+ on CPU temperature) 4 heat pipes, flat bottom on the CPU side (easy install for beginners). My personal negative opinion: not as silent as advertised; I hate those clips for the cooler (why no rubbers?) and finally I don't think it can hold a 130W piece because my i5 3470 got a bit warm at full speed (68°C and I know how to apply thermal paste)

there is a serious flood of this type of cooler on the market. Maybe its just the most efficient and cheapest design to make, but I wish someone would make something more interesting for those of us with clear side panels on our cases. I would like a closed loop cooler with clear tubes and LED's please. Or an interesting looking heat sink design that is also efficient.

mynith

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
iam2thecrowe, I saw a demonstration video of a Silverstone cooler at Computex that looked like a prefilled watercooling system, but was actually a pair of transparent heatpipes, and coolant was continuously running back to the CPU block. It was very pretty and I hope they put it into production. Maybe that's what you're looking for too?

Status
Not open for further replies.