Review DeepCool Assassin IV Review: Quietly Assimilates the Heat

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
I might actually buy that digital version
The Assassin IV Digital probably won't be available for a few more months. However, the other Digital Coolers launch later this month. I have the AK620 Digital on my i7-13700K test bench right now, so we'll have a review on Tom's Hardware covering the features of the Digital series soon (probably by the end of the month)

Reactions: carvedinside
This is, without a doubt, my new favorite air cooler
It is, for sure, one of the best. I don't like the overly "Borg-ey" appearance, but it's not bad looking per se. That extra fan config though... That looks ugly XD

Now, allow me to say this test only shows the NH-D15 is just a beast. It was when it launched a lot of years ago and it is still a beast. This only makes me want Noctua to release its successor already!

And thanks for the testing, Albert! Quite a lot of good information in your charts, specially the "max watts cooled" one. I believe you've found a very good way of reporting a universal (somewhat) dissipation potential for all coolers. Paste and case come into play as well, but you can account for those as asterisks, just like any other measurement (and you do, mind you). I wish you could consolidate more coolers into that chart, but using a 13900KS with no restrictions.

Regards.

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
It is, for sure, one of the best. I don't like the overly "Borg-ey" appearance, but it's not bad looking per se. That extra fan config though... That looks ugly XD

Agreed, but you really don't need another fan :)

Now, allow me to say this test only shows the NH-D15 is just a beast. It was when it launched a lot of years ago and it is still a beast. This only makes me want Noctua to release its successor already!

Indeed!

And thanks for the testing, Albert! Quite a lot of good information in your charts, specially the "max watts cooled" one. I believe you've found a very good way of reporting a universal (somewhat) dissipation potential for all coolers. Paste and case come into play as well, but you can account for those as asterisks, just like any other measurement (and you do, mind you). I wish you could consolidate more coolers into that chart, but using a 13900KS with no restrictions.

Well, we had a platform change because the motherboard I was using on the i9-13900K rig died and I didn't feel like replacing it (couldn't warranty it because of the LGA1700 frame being used).

I switched to the i7-13700K system I had already built and then started including Ryzen 7 7700X results because I feel these two CPUs are more likely to be bought by most users.

I might consider switching to the i9-14900K in the future, but no promises

Reactions: -Fran-
Sep 15, 2023
I feel like I should have been warned about the size of this cooler.

Like "get ready"

Holy Crap!! looking forward to using this soon.

Last edited: