Question DeepCool CF120 aRGB Color Issue

Prahsper

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
Hello,
I have 2 sets of 3 Deepcool CF120 aRGB case fans. In my case I have 7 of fans-identical model for over a year now. All of the color schemes worked perfectly as they should after hookup/connection until about 2 months ago. I no longer have solid/static colors as a choice. I can get solid colors but they are in breathing mode only. Not only that but there are other color schemes that no longer work like they did when I first got them. (rainbow, static, etc.) I can get split colors-half and half, breathing, strobe and flashing. But my main issue is the solid colors to stay solid without blinking.
They are all connected with the Matrexx 70 case via hub and controllers. Connected to Asus Prime Z-390 motherboard at the 4 pin chassis fan 1 connector and the other 3 connected to chassis fan 2 connector.
Am I beginning to experience an issue with these fans that may soon require replacing them or is there some kind of troubleshoot anyone can assist with to get the fans working like they used to?
Thank you

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Connected to Asus Prime Z-390 motherboard at the 4 pin chassis fan 1 connector and the other 3 connected to chassis fan 2 connector.

This is only for fan power (spinning) and is irrelevant to your issue.

or is there some kind of troubleshoot anyone can assist with to get the fans working like they used to?

Trial-and-error.

Meaning that you:
  1. Check all LED connections, from fans, to controller to MoBo, if any of them are loose.
  2. When cables are all seated well and issue remains, unplug everything and start the trial-and-error, by connecting fans, individually to MoBo ARGB header and testing one fan at a time, if and how LEDs work.
  3. Now, it is possible that all fans, when connected individually, and directly to MoBo, work just fine. In this case, the RGB controller, that you use, to get 2x MoBo ARGB headers to 6-7x ARGB fans, is faulty. In this case, buy new RGB contoller.
  4. Also, during individual test, you can see which fans are faulty. If there are any, replace the faulty fan with new one.

And that's it. It's simple to do, albeit somewhat tedious and time consuming. But this is only way to test if any of your fans are faulty, and/or if the issue is with RGB controller.

Prahsper

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
This is only for fan power (spinning) and is irrelevant to your issue.

Trial-and-error.

Meaning that you:
  1. Check all LED connections, from fans, to controller to MoBo, if any of them are loose.
  2. When cables are all seated well and issue remains, unplug everything and start the trial-and-error, by connecting fans, individually to MoBo ARGB header and testing one fan at a time, if and how LEDs work.
  3. Now, it is possible that all fans, when connected individually, and directly to MoBo, work just fine. In this case, the RGB controller, that you use, to get 2x MoBo ARGB headers to 6-7x ARGB fans, is faulty. In this case, buy new RGB contoller.
  4. Also, during individual test, you can see which fans are faulty. If there are any, replace the faulty fan with new one.
And that's it. It's simple to do, albeit somewhat tedious and time consuming. But this is only way to test if any of your fans are faulty, and/or if the issue is with RGB controller.
"Connected to Asus Prime Z-390 motherboard at the 4 pin chassis fan 1 connector and the other 3 connected to chassis fan 2 connector. "
What I meant by this is-the fans are connected to the hub for aRGB and the hubs are connected to the controller-which is then connected to the 4-pin chassis.
Going to give your idea a shot and test the hubs first since they are the ones that control the lighting. Then check the fans individually if the hubs are not the issue.
Will come back to inform on the findings. Thanks

Reactions: Aeacus

Prahsper

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
"Connected to Asus Prime Z-390 motherboard at the 4 pin chassis fan 1 connector and the other 3 connected to chassis fan 2 connector. "
What I meant by this is-the fans are connected to the hub for aRGB and the hubs are connected to the controller-which is then connected to the 4-pin chassis.
Going to give your idea a shot and test the hubs first since they are the ones that control the lighting. Then check the fans individually if the hubs are not the issue.
Will come back to inform on the findings. Thanks
I contacted Deepcool and they requested photos showing the fan issues and my shipping address. Seems they are about to send my replacements for the fans because there is an issue-we just can't located it for sure.