Deepcool Debuts $599 Tristellar S Case That Resembles 'Star Wars' Shuttle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifIwasarichman

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014
I would much prefer to spend the money on components, not just on a flashy M-ITX case.
This is like having a flashy truck, but only has the space of a mini.
I prefer value for money function over fashion thanks.
Besides, if you buy a M-ITX case, I thought it was because you normally wanted something unobtrusive in the lounge room and /or something easily portable.
I am using Thermaltake Core V21 at the moment and I modified it a little by drilling out some rivets and replacing them with nuts and bolts. I can now put the system together as a test bench (the PSU, HDD cage, back pane with one radiatorl and motherboard tray slid out and the other radiator slides out still attached to it's brackets), then reassemble it easily into the case. Great for rebuilds and moding. Plus, my micro ATX case has a smaller footprint and height than this and if I need more space, I can just get another cheap case and it fixes straight onto this one .
It only cost $70 Australian on special, here this flashy case would be at least $850 or as normally happens, it could be closer to $1000. There is a really good VGA I could have bought.
If I was going to spend that sort of money on a case, I would look elsewhere, like Case Labs, (and get a much more functional and modifiable case for the same money - space for radiators and reservoirs, et cetera).
The more I look at this and see such a huge M-ITX case the more it makes me think of that saying - A fool and his money ...........
But after all I said, with only 50 being made, people will like them and they will still be sold out. As long as they are happy, that is all that matters.
Just goes to show we all view the world differently..

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
pretty ugly in my opinion. maybe if the contrast color was black or gray instead of blue it would look better. if i was rich i could see buying one for my children or maybe as a family room ITX build.

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Most PC's can be built in a cheap $30 case and you can reuse it for years.
you don't really see $30 cases with decent airflow. maybe 1x intake 1x outtake, but almost none with 2x each and larger side vents or fan mounts for good board and GPU cooling.

ifIwasarichman

Reputable
Jun 18, 2014

I had to giggle after reading your comment (good, active sense of humour).
For a start, would they be able to have that jaw dropping price tag using the plain and common (the elitist would say "plebeian") contrast of black or grey?
If you were rich, your family room would be big enough to fit this huge (I also find it ugly) M-ITX case. Plus the high cost would not be such a factor anymore.
If you are rich, you would change the decor to suit the case, because it isn't a shrinking violet to sit unobtrusively in the corner.
Ah, vanity and the cost of keeping up with fashion, next year there will probably be a new limited edition, fashionable colour scheme, just to sell some more. Ha Ha :lol:
PS - Everyone knows that stress and worry will bring on death earlier, whereas humour will help extend our lives. So we need to look for humour all the time.

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
yeah, probably pink next time

Status
Not open for further replies.