Deepcool Dukase V2 case fan controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidanjboy

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
Hi, recently i bought a new case for my PC, the Deepcool Dukase V2 and unknow to me until it arrived this case has a built in fan controller and one fan pre-installed aswell as two 120mm fans i ordered with it. The fan that came with the case has a double sided molex adapter, male on one side and female on the other and a standard 3-pin connector.
The other two fans i ordered just have a standard molex connector.

There are 3* 3-pin connectors coming from the fan controller at the top of my case and one molex adapter.

But when i connected all of the fans and the molex coming from the controller to power and connected a 3-pin connector coming from the fan controller to each of the fans, they work but the controller does nothing. So instead of having the molex adapter coming from the fan controller connected to power i plugged it into the female connection on the pre-installed case fan.

None of this works so how do i correctly wire the controller? i could find nothing online.
Sorry if this is confusing by the way.

Solution

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
I literally understand maybe 10%, behind the backpanel of the case you have a 3-5 extender that is connected to the fan controller right? This way the fan controller can connect to more than one fan. But it should be normal connector, only an extender that gives you more port that is controlled by the fan connector, I also make 0 sense but I hope you understand.

Aidanjboy

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015

Ok sorry im not sure what you mean either so ill start from the beginning and just use the 1 pre-installed fan as an example.

Coming from the fan controller at the top of the case there are three, 3-pin connectors, and one male molex connector.
The fan has a double sided molex connection, one side female the other side male, and the standard 3-pin connection on most fans.

How would i set this up to work with my controller?

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

The fan controllers three 3-pin connector is so it can controll all fans connected to it, this also needs to be connected to the motherboard. Fans that are not connected to the three 3-pin connector and is connected instantly to the motherboard can not be controlled by the fan controller. And if you have the issue that your fans cant connect to the three 3-pin connector that might be because I have no clue to be honest. I am so confuse of when you speak to fan and so on so if you could please like say "Fan1" "CaseFan" and so on it would actually help much more, it just confuses me because I don't know exactly which fan you have problem with or really 100% of what your problem is.

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

The fan controllers three 3-pin connector is so it can controll all fans connected to it, this also needs to be connected to the motherboard. Fans that are not connected to the three 3-pin connector and is connected instantly to the motherboard can not be controlled by the fan controller. And if you have the issue that your fans cant connect to the three 3-pin connector that might be because I have no clue to be honest. I am so confuse of when you speak to fan and so on so if you could please like say "Fan1" "CaseFan" and so on it would actually help much more, it just confuses me because I don't know exactly which fan you have problem with or really 100% of what your problem is. What fan has what connection and what fan works? And the working fan what connection does that one have?

Aidanjboy

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015

Ok, so lets say i have 1 fan installed, (FAN1) it has a doubled sided molex, one side male, the other female, plus one 3-pin female connector.
The three, connectors coming from the fan controller are male, and can not be connected to the mother board in any way, and are designed to be connected to the fans.
The molex (MOLEX1) coming from the fan controller is male.

I dont know how to connect FAN1s double sided molex correctly, should i connect MOLEX1 to the female molex on the fan, or just to power from the PSU?

Also if you cant figure out what i mean don't worry ill just try get it myself because im probably still explaining this terribly :)

AqwBroders

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016

The FAN1 3-pin female goes onto one of the three Male 3-pin connector, fan controller molex goes into PSU I suppose and you need a female-female that goes from male MoBo to Male Three 3-pin. No idea why your FAN1 has double sided molex. Maybe it's for connection to the PSU incase you dont have a fan controller?

I might be totally wrong but I've only dealt with a fan that had 3-Pin female to my fan controller (I have a Thermaltake Level 10 GT).

Also I am finding alot of Forum post regarding doublesided molex.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.