DeepCool Packs Your Hardware In Dukase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a bad looking case and a nice addition by deepcool. Comes at a decent price point and seems to be modeled after similar black/minimalist cases like the define r4/r5, enthoo pro etc. Should make for a nice middle of the road budget solution for a lot of builds. Especially with the tolerances for cpu cooler and gpu length, not as easy finding cases less restrictive once going below the $80 mark.

If this had a rear 140mm fan, dual 140mm front fan support and a slightly larger window in the side panel, even for another ten bucks it would beat out a lot of cases for that price range. As is, the lack of 140mm fan support on the front and rear excludes it from consideration for me but might make a nice case choice on some client builds that don't necessarily need to go overboard on the cooling.

I really don't understand the trend towards the smaller side panel windows that hide half of the internals though. Hit the lights and let the LED love flow, the shadows will do the rest.

I'd agree, since going to 140mm fans I love them. Not sure about the panel window, if it's really much smaller or just an odd angle in the photo. It's not as bad as some cases that only give a tiny peep hole along the top for a window. I like the larger windows too, a little framing around the edges is nice for obscuring lighting and preventing direct glare from led strips. Just have to give a little effort to cable management with a larger window though newer cases are making it much, much easier.

Outside of going to the trouble of custom sleeving cables which can be a time suck it doesn't take near the effort it used to. Back when there was no room behind the motherboard, no slick grommets to pass cables through at various points and back when we had to use wide ide ribbon cables or scsi cables. I don't know why more cases don't at least give a dual mount option with holes for 140 or 120 at the rear/front. 140's aren't that much larger so the case shouldn't have to be made that much wider.

The top of the case is kind of a nice style touch with the semi floating 'panel' and soft blue lighting separating it from the rest of the case. Makes it stand out a little more from other similar cases.

Yeah, I really think it has a slightly elegant look that makes it stand out from other cases in this price range, if they'd just have gotten those other factors right. In this day and age there is little reason to not have large fan support at all locations since we know bigger is generally quieter.

sharkbyte5150

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Pre-installed: Rear: 1×120mm fan
Optional: Front: 2×120mm or 1×140mm
Top: 120/240/140/280mm

Those are the figures straight from DeepCool site so you CAN have 1 140mm fan in front.
Also it doesn't say that a 140mm fan won't fit in the rear slot, just that a 120mm fan is pre-installed since that's probably the only one it comes with.

I don't think you read the post in it's entirety or didn't absorb what you read. I said dual 140mm fans in front, not a single 140mm fan. And if you look at the possible listings for front and top, you'll see the supported fan sizes are all listed. If it supported a rear 140mm, that would be listed as an option too. I look at these specs for cases all day long, every day, and they are always listed if it supports it. I see no reason to believe this ONE case would be any different.

Status
Not open for further replies.