Default Sound Device Dissapearance

Oct 30, 2018
Hello all, recently I installed the latest version of AMD's Radeon catalyst on my computer. Lately it has been prompting me to install the version I already had running and I decided to install the selection marked "optional". This time I decided to perform the custom install (instead of express). I also told it to clean install the driver, therefore removing previous versions, hoping it might help with system freezing (still a mystery but whatever). When I install new drivers from AMD it usually switches my default sound device, making me switch it back. This time after restarting, that sound device was completely gone. I believe it was labeled as a Realtek HD audio driver or something of that nature. Now all that is there is Steam streaming speakers (and microphone) and an AMD HD audio driver that appears to go through my monitor (because its labeled under Dell), none of which do anything.

System specs
AMD FX-6300
AMD R9 200 series graphics
16 gb DDR3 memory
AMD Adrenalin Software Version 18.12.2 (Was 18.12.3 but went back in hopes of it fixing the problem but alas.)

UPDATE: FIXED (temporarily) - Realized my monitor has an audio output via a aux jack so i just hooked my speakers to that. Fine for now

Oct 30, 2018
I already posted something about this, but it's still bugging me. My motherboard sound devices are no longer recognized by my PC. lI'm forced to use the aux jack on my monitor. The motherboard outputs stopped being recognized after a Radeon Graphic update. I have since upgraded my hardware but no change in the sound dept. please help