Kate

I'm the only one who uses my machines. My desktop automatically signs me in.
My laptop makes me choose from the user list of one. Is there a way to get
around that.
Thanks, Kate

Hi Kate,

Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2, and click Ok. Uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option, and click Ok. Once you uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name" and click OK/Apply, Administrator account name will be displayed in the text box. Type-in a different user name and password in order to auto-login to that account.

NOTE: In Windows XP Home Edition, don't try to auto-login as Administrator, as it does not allow logging in as Administrator from Normal mode.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autologon.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
"Kate" <kzlists@yahoo.nospam> wrote in message news:ehe$z6nxEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
I'm the only one who uses my machines. My desktop automatically signs me in.
My laptop makes me choose from the user list of one. Is there a way to get
around that.
Thanks, Kate

Kate

Ramesh,
Thanks. So much nicer!
Kate

[...]

You're welcome!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Kate" <kzlists@yahoo.nospam> wrote in message news:uDfpVJzxEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
Ramesh,
Thanks. So much nicer!
Kate

Hi Kate,

Click Start, Run and type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2, and click Ok. Uncheck
"Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option, and
click Ok. Once you uncheck the option "Users must enter a user name" and
click OK/Apply, Administrator account name will be displayed in the text
box. Type-in a different user name and password in order to auto-login to
that account.

NOTE: In Windows XP Home Edition, don't try to auto-login as Administrator,
as it does not allow logging in as Administrator from Normal mode.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/autologon.htm

<snip>

Latest posts