Question Defective/under-powered USB-f port?? (Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro)

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
I have Aorus Z390 Pro motherboard as MB in my build, and using a TP Archer TX3000E as Wifi+bluetooth connector. Wifi works fine, but every time I send my machine into sleepmode and wake it, I great an error 43 for bluetooth driver, and have re-install the Intel Bluetooth. I have tried to connect the card to other USB-F port, but no effect. Then I returned the card and got an Asus PCE-AX3000. But ... but, the same error 43 after sleepmode. Tried to disable allow this USB port to go into standby for all USB controllers/ports via device manager. Even disabled selective standby for PCIE, but no effect.

The machine runs on a brand new 750 PSU, so it shouldn't be underpowered. And there aren't any other problems with machine.

Machine runs all latest intel drivers, and Windows Pro 64 bit (release 2004).

So my question here is: Could both the USB-f ports be defective ? :( Or is there some magic setting in the bios that I might overlooked?

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Hibernation is for laptops. Windows is a cross-platform OS, so includes settings for laptops and desktops. With a desktop, you absolutely do not need hibernation in the slightest.

Not only have I disabled hibernation totally, but also deleted hiberfil.sys,which runs hibernation and fastboot, which has the benefit of freeing up 75% of the size of your ram from being held by hiberfil.sys in storage. That's @ 12Gb normally that gets held by OS.

Sleep is one thing, hibernation is quite different.

Euroman28

Reputable
Jan 23, 2020
Hibernation is for laptops. Windows is a cross-platform OS, so includes settings for laptops and desktops. With a desktop, you absolutely do not need hibernation in the slightest.

Not only have I disabled hibernation totally, but also deleted hiberfil.sys,which runs hibernation and fastboot, which has the benefit of freeing up 75% of the size of your ram from being held by hiberfil.sys in storage. That's @ 12Gb normally that gets held by OS.

Sleep is one thing, hibernation is quite different.

English is not my native language, so I mean sleep mode(corrected my original post). The error 43 from Bluetooth module occurs after resuming after sleep mode. Any thoughts?

Last edited: