Question Delay booting in Ryzen 5 3600

f.odchigue

Prominent
Aug 25, 2019
Hello there...

I recently bought a customized desktop. The specs i chose were... Motherboard: Aorus b450 pro Cpu: Ryzen 3600 Gpu: gigabyte auros gtx 1660 ti Memory: 16 Gb 3200hz Storage: 512GB adata m.2 nvme.

My concern here is, when i turn on my desktop. It takes like 50 seconds for my motherboard to light up. Took like 4 updates on the BIOS to make the moatherboard compatible for the ryzen 5 3600. Is this normal because of the BIOS? When i do restart, it takes less than 10 seconds for it to boot up. But when its freshly turned on. Takes 50 seconds to boot up.

Hope someone can enlighten me with this... thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Often times your board will need to have it's capacitors charged up to power up. You can see some boards power up, turn off instantly and then power back up without an issue. Then there's the matter about your PSU probably lacking the ability to power the system at cold boot.

Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the BIOS you're on currently and the version for your OS. Latest chipset drivers for your platform after the BIOS updates?

f.odchigue

Prominent
Aug 25, 2019
Often times your board will need to have it's capacitors charged up to power up. You can see some boards power up, turn off instantly and then power back up without an issue. Then there's the matter about your PSU probably lacking the ability to power the system at cold boot.

Mind sharing your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the BIOS you're on currently and the version for your OS. Latest chipset drivers for your platform after the BIOS updates?

Hello there... as for the BIOS i think its the latest one. Im not really that techy of a guy. Same for the chipset. As for the specs...

CPU: ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: aorus b450 pro
Ram: corsair vengaence 2x8gb rgb
SSD/HDD: 512gb adata m.2 nvme
GPU: gigabyte aorus gtx 1660 ti
PSU: corsair something 650
Chassis: cougar puritas rgb mid tower