[SOLVED] delete windows

Aleksxx03

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
So right now i have windows 10 on my hdd but in a couple of days i will be getting a ssd to use alongside it, i want windows to boot off my ssd not my hdd, so how can i uninstall windows or is there any other ways i could do it.
Thanks in advance

Solution
The way I've done it is to use Macrium Reflect to clone the HDD onto the SSD. Then I use EasyBCD to set up the boot order the way I want it. That makes cleanup more messy, but it gets the system on the HDD onto the SSD up and working.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you remove every drive but the new ssd. then install windows to that drive. when its all up and running, plug the old drive back in and format it. now it is empty and ready for duty as a secondary data drive or whatever else you want to do with it

Aleksxx03

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
you remove every drive but the new ssd. then install windows to that drive. when its all up and running, plug the old drive back in and format it. now it is empty and ready for duty as a secondary data drive or whatever else you want to do with it
So i Will lose everything on the drive, is there a way i can do it while staving my games and things like that

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if they are steam games they can be moved to the new drive and other data can also be back-up up and then moved. but to remove windows completely you'll want to format the drive. otherwise you'll waste space with what will be left sitting around.

The way I've done it is to use Macrium Reflect to clone the HDD onto the SSD. Then I use EasyBCD to set up the boot order the way I want it. That makes cleanup more messy, but it gets the system on the HDD onto the SSD up and working.

Solution