Deleted Sound Card HElp?!

MysteryCentral

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
I accidentally deleted my sound card from device manager. There were like 3 of them. There was NVidia audio device, high definition audio device, and something else. I literally deleted them like I cant hear anything on ym laptop and there are no sound devices found. I have an asus g75vw. Please Help. I cant hear anything. I do not want to restore my laptop at all and I do not have a recovery disc and tried almost everything.

MysteryCentral

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014

I did and nothing came up and what do I search for to download.

You have a laptop. Sometimes laptop have custom hardware for sound (or video) that confuses windows update. Suggest you go to your laptop manufacturers' web site and download any "motherboard" or "chipset" or "audio" drivers you can find then follow their instructions for installing the driver. Installing the driver will recreate the device manager entry (which windows will normally do for you automatically when you IPL).

If your device menager entry is back and you still can't hear sound try the windows audio troubleshooter. It won't help you (or you may be the first person it ever helped). Then goto control panel, sound, and change the default output device to be your motherboard sound card.

GL

Update: post laptop model # if you have trouble finding drivers.

MysteryCentral

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014

It is the Asus G75vw and I already tried downloading the driver from the site.

Also it says no audio devices available and when I scan for hardware changes nothing happens.