[SOLVED] "Delivery Optimization" hogging entire connection despite settings

fmx

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Task manager shows "Delivery Optimization" using all my connection even though I have my connection set as "metered", active hours set right, and utilization set to 5% for both foreground and background downloads.

Despite these settings, it's still downloading SOMETHING. The only update left to download right now is the May 2004 patch but I haven't started that download yet...I know in that update you can set absolute limits on download speed under D.O. settings but I haven't downloaded it yet.

I've tried manually ending the task and it goes away for about 2 minute but comes back on it's own...

The problem is I'm on a 6Mbps connection and if it's going to be using every bit of it I'd at least like to know WHY. There is zero transparency. It's just hogging my entire connection with no end in sight. What a joke of an operating system.

Solution
Delivery optimization essentially uses your computer as a torrent for updates.

Disable as much of it's functionality as possible for using your computer to upload to other PCs.

Manually update windows to get everything downloaded.
Delivery optimization essentially uses your computer as a torrent for updates.

Disable as much of it's functionality as possible for using your computer to upload to other PCs.

Manually update windows to get everything downloaded.

Solution