Dell 1564 no display, overheating?

smurf786

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Hi,

I'm fixing a dell 1564. When powered on, the power light comes on and i can hear the disc drive spinning but no display on screen.

I have done a display test and it shows all the colours on screen so screen is working ok.

When powered on and opened i couldn't hear cpu fan kicking in.

I have changed fan but the cpu and heatsink is getting really hot but fan not kicking in.

Can anyone tell me what they think it could be or what i can do to resolve this issue.

I'm thinking possibly cpu has overheated and is faulty but don't want to get one if its the motherboard.

Please Help.....

Solution
If the test has passed then its a issue with motherboard try connecting laptop with external monitor and check incase you face the same issue its the issue with motherboard you can try updating the BIOS for a change.

redheat2010

Honorable
Sep 17, 2012
If the test has passed then its a issue with motherboard try connecting laptop with external monitor and check incase you face the same issue its the issue with motherboard you can try updating the BIOS for a change.

Solution

plaintuts

Admirable
The cpu fan is not working even after turning the computer on?...

That is not normal.

Check the connections on the motherboard then retry if the heatsink fan will start along with the system.

If not, change the cpu cooler or the motherboard.

smurf786

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010

You was correct it was a faulty motherboard. Replaced and problem sorted.

Many Thanks