Dell 1701FP undocumented OSD Lock mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Somehow I have gotten my Dell 1701FP Flat panel monitor into a state where it will not allow me to use any of the control buttons on the front of the monitor. Whenever I press any of the buttons (except power which works fine) the monitor brings up a padlock icon and nothing else happens.

This is not the "OSD Lock" function mentioned in the instructions because if it were I could get out of it by pressing the Menu button and then minus. That should bring up the OSD Lock menu page, but it doesn't on my system, either buttons just brings up the Lock icon.

The controls worked fine when I got the monitor and it seems to have gotten into this mode when I had it face down (on a soft cloth) while changing monitor cables. It accidentally powered on and must have had some combination of buttons that caused it to get into this mode.

Any ideas how to get out of this mode so I can adjust it? Anyone know a way to reset the monitor (besides through the menu that I can't access)?

-Tom

hathiams

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2011
Thanks this was a great help. I had the same problem on my new work monitor DELL P2210.

You just hold the menu button for 15 seconds or more and it PADLOCK goes from Lock to unlock and you have access to the OSD Menu System.

Thanks
hathiams

Conatus

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Just had this problem on my Dell U2711. Holding the menu button for 15 seconds worked for me.

-Hold the menu button down
-The locked padlock icon disappears after a couple of seconds
-Continue holding the button until an unlocked padlock icon appears
-The menu is now unlocked
-???
-PROFIT!

shakypancake

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
I am having this problem. where is the darn menu button i am supposed to hold down to unlcock my settings???

SoNic67

Distinguished
Well, I have the same problem, EXCEPT that... after I hold the "Menu" button down for 15 seconds and the unlocked padlock appears on the screen, I still cannot do nothing else. The symbol on screen changes back by itself to a "locked" padlock.
Monitor model: Dell E228WFP

sathiyamoorthy

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
You can also lock or unlock the OSD by pushing and holding the Menu button for 15 seconds.
In this mode All buttons will be locked including the "Menu" button.
You can unlock by pushing and holding the Menu button for 15 seconds.

Thks,
Sathiyamoorthy
vnsathiyamoorthy@gmail.com

Logeskov

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Hold the menu button. The padlock will appear. After a while it disappears - keep holding the button and within some time an unlock will appear :bounce:
Good luck
-Hans

BrancoYap

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
If you still can't unlock the Dell monitor jus make sure you Desktop/Pc Is sending signal to your monitor, and after the display come out you just press and hold it 20 sec i will unlock same with Dell Monitor U3011, Just slove nice

josertoscano

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
You actually have to press down on the exit button for 15 seconds, not the menu button. My monitor is sp2009wc and the exit button was on, so I pressed that instead of the menu button, and it worked. IT IS THE EXIT BUTTON OR THE ONE THAT'S TURNED ON THAT YOU HAVE TO PRESS. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.