Dell 2001FP uneven backlight?

peter

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2004
3,226
0
20,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Just bought a Dell 2001FP 20" LCD monitor.
It has some dark/bright patches when displaying a solid color background.
One particularly annoying dark area is on the bottom left of the screen.
Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is this common or is it a defect?
-p
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:cfPbe.12887$Nc.10061@trnddc09...
> Just bought a Dell 2001FP 20" LCD monitor.
> It has some dark/bright patches when displaying a solid color background.
> One particularly annoying dark area is on the bottom left of the screen.
> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is this common or is it a defect?

I've come across quite a few people complaining about uneven backlighting
on their 2001FP. Some people don't seem to have the problem, or quite
possibly, they have some small amount of unevenness that they don't notice
or mind. I've heard some people say that they requested a replacement and
received a FP that didn't have the issue. I've also seen some people say
that it took several replacements before they got one that looked good. I've
also seen some people so frustrated with the various LCD issues that they
gave up and went with a CRT.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Must be a Dell 2001FP issue if there has been others with the same problem,
personally I have a Dell 1905fp and I couldn't be happier with it, it
replaced my Dell 991 which was Dell's best crt at the time... With black or
white screens the backlighting is perfect and coloring is uniform... I'd try
returning it and going for the 1905.. Just my opinion.. Good Luck...

"User N" <usern@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:eek:ZadnQArHrWlj-3fRVn-1g@comcast.com...
>
> "peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:cfPbe.12887$Nc.10061@trnddc09...
>> Just bought a Dell 2001FP 20" LCD monitor.
>> It has some dark/bright patches when displaying a solid color background.
>> One particularly annoying dark area is on the bottom left of the screen.
>> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is this common or is it a
>> defect?
>
> I've come across quite a few people complaining about uneven backlighting
> on their 2001FP. Some people don't seem to have the problem, or quite
> possibly, they have some small amount of unevenness that they don't notice
> or mind. I've heard some people say that they requested a replacement and
> received a FP that didn't have the issue. I've also seen some people say
> that it took several replacements before they got one that looked good.
> I've
> also seen some people so frustrated with the various LCD issues that they
> gave up and went with a CRT.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"PaulT" <Yahoo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:EoSdnWmAVopLxuzfRVn-pQ@adelphia.com...
> Must be a Dell 2001FP issue if there has been others with the same
> problem, []

I suspect there are quality control issues with all FPs, as with anything
else. Though having said that, it may very well be that larger panels
are more likely to have issues. The 2001FP has a finer pixel pitch,
has considerably more display elements, and utilizes more edgelights
than the smaller panels.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS