[SOLVED] Dell 7577 No wattage detection after repaste

LukBoy99

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016
Alright so I opened up my dell 7577, got to the heatsink, repasted, put everything back together, and now Im getting a bios alert about not detecting wattage or type of adapter everytime I startup + the battery is not charging + laptop is throttled, the brick is fine because I tried my friend's and it's the same issue (exact laptop), what could've went wrong?

Update:
What I've tried so far to no avail:
-BIOS reset to default
-BIOS update .exe file although I already was on latest (/forceit in cmd to bypass 10% battery requirement)
-Different Power brick
-Removed battery
-Different battery
-remove cmos and battery, hold power button for 40s to clear NVRam

I truly cannot afford to wait for sending in and such, all help is appreciated highly.

Last edited:
Solution
If the battery is dead and you held the power button down WITH the battery inserted, that should drain all residual power. If you did that and it still doesn't work, then I don't know what else to tell you. Try opening your laptop again and double checking everything?

Did you try using your friend's charger for your laptop?
Did you swap batteries?

LukBoy99

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016
When you opened the laptop did you unplug the battery's ribbon cable and plug it back in? Some cables might've come loose upon opening without you realizing or remembering to put back.

Battery is detected as I can see it in HWInfo with all its proper data such as correct wear level, the issue is about the power adapter wattage not being detected properly, what other connections could relate?

Battery is detected as I can see it in HWInfo with all its proper data such as correct wear level, the issue is about the power adapter wattage not being detected properly, what other connections could relate?

Try draining the laptop of its residual power and then let it charge from a dead state. I had a similar issue after repasting my acer predator helios. It didn't accept the laptop charger at first but it started to charge normally again after a few recharges from a dead battery.

LukBoy99

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016
Try draining the laptop of its residual power and then let it charge from a dead state. I had a similar issue after repasting my acer predator helios. It didn't accept the laptop charger at first but it started to charge normally again after a few recharges from a dead battery.
How do I drain it? I tried unplugging the battery strip, holding power button, but that also didn't work.

If the battery is dead and you held the power button down WITH the battery inserted, that should drain all residual power. If you did that and it still doesn't work, then I don't know what else to tell you. Try opening your laptop again and double checking everything?

Did you swap batteries?

Solution

LukBoy99

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016

Did you swap batteries?
Tried both, is there possibly a connector for the AC power input into the MB somewhere i didn't connect properly?

LukBoy99

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016
Update:
-BIOS reset to default
-BIOS update .exe file although I already was on latest (/forceit in cmd to bypass 10% battery requirement)
-Different Power brick
-Removed battery
-Different battery

I truly cannot afford to wait for sending in and such, all help is appreciated highly.

Update:
-BIOS reset to default
-Different Power brick
-Removed battery
-Different battery

Might sound stupid, but check if anything got inside the laptop's charger port. Also try dissembling the laptop and re-pasting again. At this point re-enacting your steps might yield more probable causes & solutions.

LukBoy99

Reputable
Sep 9, 2016
Alright, took it to a small pc repair shop, they just secured the DCIN cable all the way in (It's a connector top right of battery if battery is bottom right of your Laptop) and all was good. Thanks for any help <3