Question Dell AW2721D black screen issue

LordPampa

Prominent
Mar 18, 2022
Hello everyone. There is a problem with the monitor AW2721D. 11 Windows, 3080 videocard. The image disappears (black screen) periodically (everything is OK on the second monitor). It is treated by turning off and turning on the monitor.
What I tried: different display port cables, different ports in the video card, factory reset, disabling gsync, frequency reduction, disabling all power saving modes (including all ports) and eco modes in monitor settings and in Windows.
I found a topic on the dell forum about this problem, but there is no solution. It works fine for some people, others periodically has black screens (on PC, Mac, PS, etc.). Some people fixed the problem by changing the DP cable. Sadly it doesnt work for me.
Dell's official response on the forum: send us monitor, we will send you a new one. But people have the same problem even on 2nd or 3rd replaced monitors. There are no new firmware and there will not be. Also Dell's answer.
Dell has left the Russian market and does not provide support. The only option is to take it back to the store under warranty (and not the fact that they will accept it, since the problem is every few hours).

Maybe someone has some other ideas? I noticed that monitor does not turn on without connecting a usb cable. That is, you have to connect both usb and DP. Without a Usb cable, the screen is also black. I also disabled the power saving of usb ports.
Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone. There is a problem with the monitor AW2721D. 11 Windows, 3080 videocard. The image disappears (black screen) periodically (everything is OK on the second monitor). It is treated by turning off and turning on the monitor.
What I tried: different display port cables, different ports in the video card, factory reset, disabling gsync, frequency reduction, disabling all power saving modes (including all ports) and eco modes in monitor settings and in Windows.
I found a topic on the dell forum about this problem, but there is no solution. It works fine for some people, others periodically has black screens (on PC, Mac, PS, etc.). Some people fixed the problem by changing the DP cable. Sadly it doesnt work for me.
Dell's official response on the forum: send us monitor, we will send you a new one. But people have the same problem even on 2nd or 3rd replaced monitors. There are no new firmware and there will not be. Also Dell's answer.
Dell has left the Russian market and does not provide support. The only option is to take it back to the store under warranty (and not the fact that they will accept it, since the problem is every few hours).

Maybe someone has some other ideas? I noticed that monitor does not turn on without connecting a usb cable. That is, you have to connect both usb and DP. Without a Usb cable, the screen is also black. I also disabled the power saving of usb ports.
Thank you in advance.
There is a faulty circuit in the board causing the issue which is why Dell is replacing them free, Dell dropped out of Russia for the market due to the war, and a lot of other reputable dealers have as well getting any service to Russia from US support agency won't be happening for a long while. Your best bet take it to the store with recordings of the issue happening

LordPampa

Prominent
Mar 18, 2022
There is a faulty circuit in the board causing the issue which is why Dell is replacing them free, Dell dropped out of Russia for the market due to the war, and a lot of other reputable dealers have as well getting any service to Russia from US support agency won't be happening for a long while. Your best bet take it to the store with recordings of the issue happening
Tnx for the info! But I cant understand why then even the replaced monitors have the same issue? Looks like the amount of faulty monitors is huge.