Dell Computer Problems

Pharadox

Reputable
Jan 9, 2016
Image (800x600 resolution)
Image 2 (640x480 resolution)

Update: DxDiag shows "Chip Type" as N/A.

Cannot go higher resolution than 800x600.

Been having this problem for a year now. Didn't really care as I had another PC, but had to sell that for my future build. Decided to run this PC up, and forgot about the lines.

Definitely not a monitor problem, tested with my bench setup. Afraid it's a GPU problem, as it's a pretty good GPU. Used to play it on heavy loads, may be leaking capacitor, however I cannot check fully as the Nvidia cover is over the essential parts.

May also be a driver problem. Would like a guide or something to update them, as I am fairly confused right now on how to.

More info and images can be added if needed.

Thanks.

Solution
It's likely a hardware problem. But first I would rry to update the graphics driver. Try running windows update. It usually will get yhe right driver. Also if you dont want to upgrade to winows 10, the i would get rid of upgrade notification. A quick google search should show you how
It's likely a hardware problem. But first I would rry to update the graphics driver. Try running windows update. It usually will get yhe right driver. Also if you dont want to upgrade to winows 10, the i would get rid of upgrade notification. A quick google search should show you how

Solution