News Dell Delivers Over $900 off Alienware Laptops and XPS Gaming PCs in Huge Sale

I suspect that Intel has quietly suggested to Dell that they should sell their current high-end models and start selling the newest Intel CPU models to get more visibility for their newest CPUs.

stoicfaux

Prominent
May 20, 2021
Or with cryptocurrency prices falling due to China "banning" them, Elon Musk's comments, Tesla no longer accepting bitcoin, the trend towards cryptocurrencies moving away from excessive electricity use (i.e. going from "proof of work" to "proof of stake"), and with Nvidia's hash rate limited GPUs coming out at the end of this month, Dell may be trying to get rid of old stock in case GPU prices go back to normal/MSRP. Because even at those discounted prices, most of those RTX 2xxx Dell configurations are still way more expensive than an RTX 3xxx laptop/desktop at MSRP prices.*

* Not to imply that GPU prices will get anywhere near MSRP in the near future.**
** grumble grumble grumble

Reactions: digitalgriffin

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Some of the absolute WORSE prebuilts are Dell and Alienware gaming desktops. I say that as a recent Alienware owner who got a good deal on an Aurora R10 when Dell was getting rid of their old stock. I paid $1250 and now I know that was way too much. I feel bad for those who spend $2000 and more thinking they are getting a GREAT gaming rig when it's further from the truth. These gaming rigs sold by Dell and Alienware, SUCK !

And it's not just one or two things that make them suck but a LONG LIST of reasons why they suck. That's how bad the current GPU scene is that I had to resort buying an Alienware crap box.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Toms must be getting some incredible kick-backs for constantly posting these. Especially with all the negative reviews, comments, legal problems, etc that Dell is going through. No other site is "recommending" Dell.

everettfsargent

Honorable
Oct 13, 2017
They all are old last gen stock with old Nvidia GPU's.

Personally, I'd pass.
These old computers are now almost two months older. Every week a new ad for old stock and the requisite "Over $1000 off" although the URL still reads as "dell-delivers-over-900-off-alienware-laptops-and-xps-gaming-pcs-in-huge-sale.3696204" new URL text for old URL text ...

D

Deleted member 14196

It’s probably all the stock they can’t sell do the energy reasons