Dell Dude Thinks He Can Save the Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoneone

May 27, 2011
Marijuana is a dangerous drug and we learned at school that it causes cancer, brain damage, and premature death. It's illegal for a reason so you are considered kind of a criminal now... This stuff has no purpose whatsoever on Earth.. TRUST me~

G

Yes they could hire Tommy chong, after M$ buys it, "Dell's not here MAN!"

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]Marijuana is a dangerous drug and we learned at school that it causes cancer, brain damage, and premature death. It's illegal for a reason so you are considered kind of a criminal now... This stuff has no purpose whatsoever on Earth.. TRUST me~[/citation]

I hope you are joking.
Marijuana has anti-cancer properties (among others).
The only reason its illegal is because if used properly to actually help in medical treatments, it would probably eliminate large portions of pharma drugs (which have dangerous side-effects and only address the symptoms, but never the cause) that would cause large loss of profits.

Apart from that... I wouldn't touch DELL.
Its terribly overpriced for what it offers.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
"Dell is feeling a financial pinch in the pocket due to falling sales as consumers flock to tablets and smartphones." Uhh more likely its because Dell's quality bottomed out.

G

Aoneone - you should REALLY do some research before you spout that garbage off. May I remind you that a 'legal' version of it is FDA approved and is 100% THC (active ingredient in MJ). The drug is called Marinol and it has already been directly responsible for killing a human being in less than 5 years of being on the market. MJ has NEVER directly caused a single human death... EVER!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]deksman[/nom]I hope you are joking.Marijuana has anti-cancer properties (among others). The only reason its illegal is because if used properly to actually help in medical treatments, it would probably eliminate large portions of pharma drugs (which have dangerous side-effects and only address the symptoms, but never the cause) that would cause large loss of profits.[/citation]

The only issue is that it's a gateway drug to harder kinds, and we're doing a crappy job with legalizing marijuana. I'm a bit alarmed by the amount of marijuana stores popping up in the country.

I understand it has medical issues, but how many people actually need them?

How could they sustain huge amount of marijuana stores and make them profitable if most of the customers have legit reasons/prescription?

G

@A Bad Day - So is Tylenol a gateway drug?

People that know nothing about MJ should NOT comment on what it does - especially if they have never actually used it before!

G

No, there should be commercials like Dude, your making your own PC :D

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
He reminded me a lot of the mischievous character Eddie Haskell in the very old Leave it to Beaver television series in the late 1950's to early 1960's.They should bring him back.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]Marijuana is a dangerous drug and we learned at school that it causes cancer, brain damage, and premature death. It's illegal for a reason so you are considered kind of a criminal now... This stuff has no purpose whatsoever on Earth.. TRUST me~[/citation]

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong... It has many medical benefits. I've even had Dr's tell me my aggressive Multiple Sclerosis could benefit from it, but it's not legal in Texas so... I still won't do it while it's illegal.

And the gateway drug BS is just that... But for that matter; tobacco is a gateway drug, and FAR more addictive in cigarette form then most of the other drugs out there. Smokers are more likely to try Marijuana.

The real problem is since it is not regulated, dealers lace it with harder drugs. And the real reason it is actually illegal is they haven't figured out how to tax the hell out of it yet and if they did go back on their drug stance at this point, it would be admitting failure and having to admit all the $ spent on drug enforcement (which most of it is really for this one drug) was spent poorly. Not to mention the jobs that would be lost due to not having to police it anymore. It's all political now. But I suspect it won't survive much longer to be honest. It's going to collapse and honestly, it should. Make it legal, put a nice tax on it and make your gov coin. Ohh, not to mention the MAJORITY of people in jail for drug offences are petty marijuana charges (see: http://hashexpress.wordpress.com/the-hash-express-news-2010/marijuana-prison-statistics/)... Let them out. PLUS, if a kid gets busted with a joint, they can't get student loans.. Ohh that's @#$%ing brilliant. They make a mistake so let's not let them better themselves and get an education... Wow... Just wow...

This crap needs to stop. Focus on real crimes and real drugs. Mj can help some seriously sick people and many of them can not get it right now or, like me, refuse to break the law even when Doctors have suggested it can help them. Governments @#$% up. Fact. Just fess up and fix it and do the right thing going forward... for once...

For me, instead of Mj, they give me Oxycodone. Basically a pill form of Morphine. (Oxycontin is the time released version of the same, mine is the direct-shot). Side effects, addiction issues and possible abuse only scratches the surface of what this type of narcotic can do. But Mj is illegal so this is what I get... Makes sense to me... The second I can get off this crap, the better. Been on it for years and when I do, it'll take me at least a few months in rehab just to get my body off of it. And I did pot for years in college like every other idiot out there. Stopped it cold turkey no problem. I tried to stop my Oxy myself and the shakes and shivers are actually terrifying. Smoked cigarettes for many years too and stopped it with similar effects but no where near the Oxy. And I hate 'being high'. I could so easily get there with the drugs my doctors give me. I strictly limit myself to avoid that because I hate it so much. I want to be normal. MS won't ever let me and eventually it will kill me. I want to hold my newborn twins. I want to drive stick again, ride a bike again, WALK again. Cuddle my wife without nerve over-reaction pains in my hands, legs and feet... Others in my situation who do use, and even Doctors tell me the answer is right there... Just out of reach.

But let's all just follow the bull@#$% media and public opinion and scream "it's a drug! Kill it!". Thanks...

aoneone

May 27, 2011
[citation][nom]SirGCal[/nom]Wow, you couldn't be more wrong... It has many medical benefits. I've even had Dr's tell me my aggressive Multiple Sclerosis could benefit from it, but it's not legal in Texas so... I still won't do it while it's illegal.And the gateway drug BS is just that... But for that matter; tobacco is a gateway drug, and FAR more addictive in cigarette form then most of the other drugs out there. Smokers are more likely to try Marijuana.The real problem is since it is not regulated, dealers lace it with harder drugs. And the real reason it is actually illegal is they haven't figured out how to tax the hell out of it yet and if they did go back on their drug stance at this point, it would be admitting failure and having to admit all the $ spent on drug enforcement (which most of it is really for this one drug) was spent poorly. Not to mention the jobs that would be lost due to not having to police it anymore. It's all political now. But I suspect it won't survive much longer to be honest. It's going to collapse and honestly, it should. Make it legal, put a nice tax on it and make your gov coin. Ohh, not to mention the MAJORITY of people in jail for drug offences are petty marijuana charges (see: http://hashexpress.wordpress.com/t [...] stics/)... Let them out. PLUS, if a kid gets busted with a joint, they can't get student loans.. Ohh that's @#$%ing brilliant. They make a mistake so let's not let them better themselves and get an education... Wow... Just wow...This crap needs to stop. Focus on real crimes and real drugs. Mj can help some seriously sick people and many of them can not get it right now or, like me, refuse to break the law even when Doctors have suggested it can help them. Governments @#$% up. Fact. Just fess up and fix it and do the right thing going forward... for once...For me, instead of Mj, they give me Oxycodone. [/citation]

Just because a pill is prescribed by a doctor doesn't mean it's anymore better than the harsh street drugs. They probably end up killing more than marijuana. My point is, why do you think prisons across America are filled with marijuana criminals? And guess what? 90% of addiction clinics across America are because of marijuana related problems. I'm sorry but statistics don't lie. And all this 'medical' mumbo jumbo is just another said excuse for these addicts to satisfy their pathetic habit. Smart people like us don't need this...

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]SirGCal[/nom]...Mj can help some seriously sick people and many of them can not get it right now or, like me, refuse to break the law even when Doctors have suggested it can help them. Governments @#$% up. Fact. Just fess up and fix it and do the right thing going forward... for once...For me, instead of Mj, they give me Oxycodone. Basically a pill form of Morphine. (Oxycontin is the time released version of the same, mine is the direct-shot). Side effects, addiction issues and possible abuse only scratches the surface of what this type of narcotic can do. But Mj is illegal so this is what I get... Makes sense to me... The second I can get off this crap, the better. Been on it for years and when I do, it'll take me at least a few months in rehab just to get my body off of it. And I did pot for years in college like every other idiot out there. Stopped it cold turkey no problem. I tried to stop my Oxy myself and the shakes and shivers are actually terrifying. Smoked cigarettes for many years too and stopped it with similar effects but no where near the Oxy. And I hate 'being high'. I could so easily get there with the drugs my doctors give me. I strictly limit myself to avoid that because I hate it so much. I want to be normal. MS won't ever let me and eventually it will kill me. I want to hold my newborn twins. I want to drive stick again, ride a bike again, WALK again. Cuddle my wife without nerve over-reaction pains in my hands, legs and feet... Others in my situation who do use, and even Doctors tell me the answer is right there... Just out of reach.But let's all just follow the bull@#$% media and public opinion and scream "it's a drug! Kill it!". Thanks...[/citation]

As you said, Oxycodone has more severe problems. In Canada, they have stopped people from being able to get it and as a result, northern communities in Northwest Territories and Nunavut are tranistioning to hard drugs like heroine.

All they need to do is make proper regulation of MJ and it will reduce cut the middleman traffickers and dealers. The biggest two problems, as you already stated, first, its a politics issue, and secondly, government is incompetent do know any better or do anything right :)

G

aoneone

you FOOL. After you wrote that, no one will ever trust you again. You desperately need to get alternative news.

kajunchicken

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
Instead of questioning why this is posted here, people start arguing about what he said. Welcome to the interwebs. Doesn't ANYONE wonder why the hell this is here?

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Not sure where the drug comments came from... but I'll throw in the two-cents I've got. Marijuana is not "safe", but it isn't any more dangerous than most legal drugs. The danger of marijuana is it's degree of addiction and some of its side-effects. But, like I said, that only about puts it as a weaker version of Vicodin. Reality is that as a medical treatment it has been banned in so many places for so long there's hardly any updated, credible research on it.

As for the actual topic of the article, a simple new ad campaign is not going to improve Dell's lot. They're not as "new" to the scene as they were back then. There are very, very few people who don't know about Dell. The problem is in the product. No nostalgia or anything like that will save them. They need new, better, products. Period.

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
aoneone, do you really honestly believe that because something is illegal, it must not have any use? And because you were taught it in school, that it is absolutely correct? Your logic is flawed. Not only that, but it is legal on a state level in several states now, so it can't be that bad even by your flawed logic.

Why should we blindly trust you that you know this stuff doesn't belong on earth? Just because you blindly trust people at your school? It is a plant, not some derived chemical. It's completely natural, likely even pre-date humans, and thus belongs on earth just as much as anything else.
You should try to gain some more life experience before regurgitating what you heard in school. I also was taught in school that Christopher Columbus discovered America and that the world is round, which ended up being lies.

cRACKmONKEY421

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2010
I vote to rehire the stoner kid. He was obviously a total pothead to begin with. Can't say it would help Dell out a lot though. Everyone knows Dell support is just an Indian guy that reads crap off of a script. They need to vastly improve service and support to at least match Apple if they want to have a chance in the consumer market (that they've pretty much given up in anyway).

javaskull

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
The sad fact is dell is selling products that are not superior to run of the mill PCs or laptops in price or performance. They don't have any laptops that have resolutions higher than the miserable 1920x1080 standard that was surpassed 4 years ago, they still sell laptops with hard drives, their "gaming" pcs are the same models alienware had 2 years ago. They don't make nice peripherals, their laptop keyboards are crap and fall apart, their power supplies also fall apart and their batteries don't last long enough either. The sell bottom of the barrel equipment at a decent markup. Their stuff is "ok", but it's not great. It used to be a really good value. They should fire half the management, consolidate their product line and introduce new aggressive equipment others can NOT copy at a price competitive pricepoint. If they did this some of their competition would most likely exit their market.

Status
Not open for further replies.