Dell Expands Cloud Computing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPothead

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
cloud computing is a concept over used by different company, each of them defining it into something different.
Cloud computing = uncertain concept = attracting consumers = money

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
All they are doing is adding another layer of bottlenecks. We are just now getting to the point of getting rid of all the bottlenecks in local machines, now the powers that be want to put a huge burden on a bottleneck that isn't in anyone's immediate hands. The offset doesn't seem worth it at this point, maybe in 20 years when Tb connections are the norm it will. Maybe though, I am missing the point.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
My dad was mugged once and lost his laptop and all his data. Other time his hard drive failed and he again he lost all his data. He thinks online storage is an excellent idea.

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]My dad was mugged once and lost his laptop and all his data. Other time his hard drive failed and he again he lost all his data. He thinks online storage is an excellent idea.[/citation]

sounds like he should be more careful.

I don't to store my 'precious' data online.. anywhere, I'll back it up myself thanks

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]My dad was mugged once and lost his laptop and all his data. Other time his hard drive failed and he again he lost all his data. He thinks online storage is an excellent idea.[/citation]

sounds to me like he just needs an external at home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS