Question Dell G3 laptop bsod, help

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
I recently got a dell G3 at best buy, ive noticed it has heating issues so i underclocked and undervolted the processor to stay below 90C, while i was playing a game a week after the voltage changes i got three BSODS, the first one ( i checked mini dumps} was a irql not less or equal (a) error, the next two were both whea uncorrectable error (124) I have not bsod yet since while i was playing the game and my GPU and CPU temperatures were around 80C while i crashed one of the times. Is it possible other chips are overheating?
Also just to add more information i have been having trouble with my alienware command center software and ive been downloading a bunch of different versions of it, it has OC software built in and can control fan speeds

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2019
I think you answered your own question here. You undervolted, and then you started getting a variety of BSOD's. Your undervolt is probably too aggressive. Turn it off or scale it back and see if the BSOD's go away, then let us know.

Cheers
Figrin

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
I think you answered your own question here. You undervolted, and then you started getting a variety of BSOD's. Your undervolt is probably too aggressive. Turn it off or scale it back and see if the BSOD's go away, then let us know.

Cheers
Figrin
Thanks I was hoping it wasn’t the issue since I leave my laptop in a closed space with a little hole for the wires and it definitely over heats without the under volt. It was ONLY that game in particular though. I’ll higher my voltages and get back to you. That game how ever I constantly crash anyways. I under volted my Cpu cache -156 and I heard it’s not recommended to do that. So I’ll higher the voltage to -125 which is the sweet spot for most people.

TRENDING THREADS