Question Dell G7 Laptop - - - - Windows 10 BSOD Only During Sleep ?

Jan 26, 2023
Since November 2022, my Windows 10 is crashing only during sleep. I have been trying to troubleshoot it since then but none of the solutions worked. Strangely, whenever I try some random troubleshooting steps, it stops crashing for a few days and that makes me think that the issue is resolved but then again the same behavior returns. As the issue only happens during sleep mode thus I suspect it is related to power management but none of the tests have revealed any issues with any hardware or drivers. Also, as it happens at some random time during sleep, I cannot reproduce the BSOD at will.

Troubleshooting Steps I have already tried:

• Windows reinstallation from windows setup by keeping all files and settings.
  • Removal and reinstallation of all drivers from both Dell and NVIDIA/Intel
  • Removed graphics drivers using DDU and reinstalled from both Dell and NVIDIA/Intel
  • Removal of Alienware
  • Performed Windows Memory Diagnostic
  • Performed MemTest86 (10 passes)
  • Performed SFC (System File Checker)
  • Performed DISM
  • Performed Driver Verifier
  • Used NetFxRepairTool
  • Used CrystalDiskInfo
  • Used Micron Diagnostic Tool
  • Used Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool
  • Used Intel Driver & Support Assistant
  • Used Dell Support Assist
  • Changed Power Adapter
  • Removed External Monitor
  • There is no caution mark in the Device Manager
  • Scanned for viruses from Norton and AVG
  • Performed various file cleanups
  • Tried to figure out if any software installed in Nov caused it but couldn't find any
  • and many more ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2023
Thanks for your response.

I suspected PulseSAM in the initial days and reinstalled it, changed its version, etc. It doesn't seems to be the cause of BSOD coz the errors generated by BSOD are consistent and happening all the time, during usage time as well and in those days too when there is no BSOD experienced.

I have PulseSAM installed for almost two years and it is required for my work.

PulseSAM.

Seems to be the cause of many critical errors shown in Event Viewer.

This app?

https://help.ivanti.com/ps/legacy/P...OP/9.1RX/WSAM_to_PulseSAM_Migration_Guide.pdf

Did you install PulseSAM? What was the need or requirement for doing so?

Source?

Uninstall and determine if the BSODs (and errors in general) stop or decrease.

Current installation may be corrupt, buggy, or misconfigured.

Support for Dell G7 17 7700 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US
dell just release a critical bios update for this machine
(jan 13/2023)
i did not see what was fixed but i would install the updates and look at the firmware and driver updates as well.
I would pick up the intel sensor updates also. system was running at a unexpected clock rate. (still in range but it might indicate that your overclock driver might need to be updated)

note: dell has a bunch of utilities like
Dell Power Manager Service that they also did a critical update for in january. if you have these installed you would want to update the service since the bug check was related to the power management functions (sleep/wake functions)
likely to be the root cause of your bugchecks.

------------
blocked irp was for this device:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Netwtw10.sys Wed Aug 31 12:35:22 2022
it is a Intel Wifi driver .

first fix attempt would be to go into windows control panel right mouse click the on the network device to bring up properties, find the power management tab and tell windows not to turn off the device to save power. (work around)

looks like your some of your usb hubs and usb extensions are waiting for a wake up irp. (usb 3) you might also want to use windows control panel and tell windows not to make the device sleep.
the intel audio driver is also waiting to wake up.

looks like plug and play might be running. Need to look at a kernel dump and run
!pnptriage to see what it is doing. Sometimes it can be a setup for installing a network device while you are using the network device. I did not see a kernel dump file. (memory.dmp)

note: you can download microsoft rammap.exe find the empty menu and run each entry. This will delete the working set and will make a kernel dump or full dump much smaller. Then you can compress it and post it for easier download.

overclock driver running:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iocbios2.sys Thu Aug 18 15:44:05 2022
just fyi

edit: I should also point out that 3 of your windows core files have had the date and file timestamps removed. This would hint that they have been modified in the memory image. generally not a good thing. Used to happen a lot in the windows 7 days where programs would just hack into the image. generally you would start cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfu.exe /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

to repair any modified files on disk. some of these changes might be done by game anti cheat software but they use the same methods as used by malware. removing the date and timestamp blocks the debugger from checking for the changes in the files.
fyi: here were the modified files:
\SystemRoot\System32\win32k.sys unavailable (00000000)
\SystemRoot\System32\win32kbase.sys unavailable (00000000)
\SystemRoot\System32\win32kfull.sys unavailable (00000000)

most likely it is just some utility on your system that is hooking the functions by modifing the image inside of your pagefile.sys.
you might have to turn off virtual memory and turn it back on to create a new pagefile.sys and get the images to rerload from the original file on the hard drive.

PulseSAM.sys pulse secure vpn client could be adding a delay that causes the network driver to be slow to wake up. leading to the bugcheck for taking too long to respond to the wakeup IRP.
(work around would be to not let the network driver sleep)

most likely this bug is going to be from dell calling the intel power management functions. you dell driver is from april 2022 and you should update to the current version anyway.

machine info:
Vendor Dell Inc.
BIOS Version 1.20.0
BIOS Release Date 10/06/2022
Product Name G7 7700
Family GSeries
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Processor Voltage 89h - 0.9V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 2600MHz
Current Speed 3267MHz

Last edited:
Reactions: urShadow

Ralston18

Titan
Even though PulseSAM is needed for your work, I suggest uninstalling it. Just as a matter of elimination.

Just be prepared to reinstall it again later.

First: disable all sleep modes, screen savers, power savers etc. Power down and reboot.

Second: Ensure that PulseSAM is not launched during startup. Or being triggered later via Task Scheduler.

Third: Uninstall PulseSAM

Fourth: Run "sdc /scannow"and "dism" again.

Fifth: Clear the Event Viewer logs.

Then use the laptop without sleep settings, PulseSAM etc. If the BSOD's continue then Event Viewer and Reliability History may flag some other predominant errors or patterns of errors.

If no errors or problems then reconfigure the laptop for sleep. Make only one change at a time and allow time between changes.

Up the way up and to reinstalling PulseSAM.

Hopefully the problem will be resolved or some particular action will stand out as being the cause of the BSODs.

Jan 26, 2023
Thanks for your response.

I had performed the January upgrades after my post including the Dell system BIOS update and Intel Integrated Sensor Solution driver but the windows crashed again this morning. Dell Power Manager Service is installed but an update is not available for my machine. Previously I had removed and reinstalled it.

I couldn't find a power management tab for the WiFi network adaptor but some power related options under Advanced tab are:
  • MIMO Power Save Mode - Auto SMPS
  • Sleep on WoWLAN Disconnect - Disabled
  • Transmit Power - 5. Highest
  • Wake on Magic Packet - Enabled
  • Wake on Pattern Match - Enabled

Code:
0: kd> !pnptriage

********************************************************************************
Dumping PnP DeviceAction Queue @ 0xfffff8022f843440
********************************************************************************

Dumped 0 entries

Dumping PnP DeviceEvent Queue @ 0xffffda0b68acae10

List = 0xffffda0b68acae88, 0xffffda0b68acae88
Event list is empty

Dumping PnP DeviceCompletion Queue @ 0xfffff8022f8449e0

0 Pnp operation(s) dispatched (IRP pending) currently.

Dumping pending asynchronous request list...

Dumping completed asynchronous request list...

Dumping devnodes with problems...

Dumping IopRootDeviceNode (= 0xffffda0b68b62a20)

Dumping PnP locks...

Resource @ nt!PiEngineLock (0xfffff8022f844bc0)    Available
    Contention Count = 83
1 total locks

Resource @ nt!IopDeviceTreeLock (0xfffff8022f844a60)    Available
    Contention Count = 15
1 total locks

Resource @ nt!PnpRegistryDeviceResource (0xfffff8022f844ce0)    Available
    Contention Count = 11367
1 total locks

If one or more of above are NOT available, do !thread on the owner thread to find the thread hung in PnP

Dumping currently active PnP thread (if any)...

No active Pnp thread found!

Strangely, WhoCrashed is now reporting another dump from a previous date which is a Kernel memory dump, I have uploaded it to the same link.

On Thu 1/26/2023 11:25:31 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

Crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\UcmUcsiCx.sys-20230126-1125.dmp (Kernel memory dump)
Bugcheck code: 0x1D4(0x0, 0xC, 0xFFFF88862EABF840, 0x0)
Bugcheck name:BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER_LIVE_DUMP
Bug check description:This bug code indicates that NDIS has captured a live kernel dump. NDIS does not generate a bug check in this situation.
Analysis:This is a NDIS (network) related crash.

I couldn't figure out how to reduce the size of existing MEMORY.DMP using RAMMap, if there is any online guide then plz share the link.

I had removed Alienware to remove overclocking but iocbios2.sys is from intel.

I had taken the following actions before, multiple times, I have repeated them again:
  • Performed SFC (System File Checker)
  • Performed DISM
Code:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc.exe /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.19041.844

Image Version: 10.0.19045.2546

[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.
The operation completed successfully.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

I have removed PulseSAM, I can afford to spend only one day without it (weekend).

dell just release a critical bios update for this machine
(jan 13/2023)
i did not see what was fixed but i would install the updates and look at the firmware and driver updates as well.
I would pick up the intel sensor updates also. system was running at a unexpected clock rate. (still in range but it might indicate that your overclock driver might need to be updated)

note: dell has a bunch of utilities like
Dell Power Manager Service that they also did a critical update for in january. if you have these installed you would want to update the service since the bug check was related to the power management functions (sleep/wake functions)
likely to be the root cause of your bugchecks.

------------
blocked irp was for this device:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\Netwtw10.sys Wed Aug 31 12:35:22 2022
it is a Intel Wifi driver .

first fix attempt would be to go into windows control panel right mouse click the on the network device to bring up properties, find the power management tab and tell windows not to turn off the device to save power. (work around)

looks like your some of your usb hubs and usb extensions are waiting for a wake up irp. (usb 3) you might also want to use windows control panel and tell windows not to make the device sleep.
the intel audio driver is also waiting to wake up.

looks like plug and play might be running. Need to look at a kernel dump and run
!pnptriage to see what it is doing. Sometimes it can be a setup for installing a network device while you are using the network device. I did not see a kernel dump file. (memory.dmp)

note: you can download microsoft rammap.exe find the empty menu and run each entry. This will delete the working set and will make a kernel dump or full dump much smaller. Then you can compress it and post it for easier download.

overclock driver running:
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iocbios2.sys Thu Aug 18 15:44:05 2022
just fyi

edit: I should also point out that 3 of your windows core files have had the date and file timestamps removed. This would hint that they have been modified in the memory image. generally not a good thing. Used to happen a lot in the windows 7 days where programs would just hack into the image. generally you would start cmd.exe as an admin then run
sfu.exe /scannow
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

to repair any modified files on disk. some of these changes might be done by game anti cheat software but they use the same methods as used by malware. removing the date and timestamp blocks the debugger from checking for the changes in the files.
fyi: here were the modified files:
\SystemRoot\System32\win32k.sys unavailable (00000000)
\SystemRoot\System32\win32kbase.sys unavailable (00000000)
\SystemRoot\System32\win32kfull.sys unavailable (00000000)

most likely it is just some utility on your system that is hooking the functions by modifing the image inside of your pagefile.sys.
you might have to turn off virtual memory and turn it back on to create a new pagefile.sys and get the images to rerload from the original file on the hard drive.

PulseSAM.sys pulse secure vpn client could be adding a delay that causes the network driver to be slow to wake up. leading to the bugcheck for taking too long to respond to the wakeup IRP.
(work around would be to not let the network driver sleep)

most likely this bug is going to be from dell calling the intel power management functions. you dell driver is from april 2022 and you should update to the current version anyway.

machine info:
Vendor Dell Inc.
BIOS Version 1.20.0
BIOS Release Date 10/06/2022
Product Name G7 7700
Family GSeries
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Processor Voltage 89h - 0.9V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 2600MHz
Current Speed 3267MHz

Jan 26, 2023
I can perform these actions but I didn't understand removing sleep settings, you would like me to keep the laptop on all the time? coz if the laptop is on, BSOD does not happen, it only happens while in sleep and that also after several hours of sleep and it does not happen every time the laptop sleeps.

I have removed PulseSAM, I can afford to spend only one day without it (weekend).

Even though PulseSAM is needed for your work, I suggest uninstalling it. Just as a matter of elimination.

Just be prepared to reinstall it again later.

First: disable all sleep modes, screen savers, power savers etc. Power down and reboot.

Second: Ensure that PulseSAM is not launched during startup. Or being triggered later via Task Scheduler.

Third: Uninstall PulseSAM

Fourth: Run "sdc /scannow"and "dism" again.

Fifth: Clear the Event Viewer logs.

Then use the laptop without sleep settings, PulseSAM etc. If the BSOD's continue then Event Viewer and Reliability History may flag some other predominant errors or patterns of errors.

If no errors or problems then reconfigure the laptop for sleep. Make only one change at a time and allow time between changes.

Up the way up and to reinstalling PulseSAM.

Hopefully the problem will be resolved or some particular action will stand out as being the cause of the BSODs.

Ralston18

Titan
Is there a specific reason for using sleep/power saving, etc. versus turning off the laptop?

Noted that it appears that a lot is being done to keep the laptop awake/running:

Consider that there may be some conflict being created and Windows, thus confused, crashes.

Instead of sleep try powering down via the Windows power icon. Allow Windows to do some housecleaning on its own and thus prepare for the next boot up.

Ensure that only one network adapter, either wired or wireless is enabled. Not both that the same time.

There are indeed many errors occuring. However, one particular error/source (TBD) may be the cause of the other errors. Windows can and does automatically handle some errors but there is always the possibility that fixing A causes B. fixing B causes C, fixing C causes A again. A circle or loop being created. Crash/freeze results.

The objective is to discover what causes any such loop and a means to stop the original problem.

Try powercfg - Reference:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-powercfg-control-power-settings-windows-10

Purpose is to simply learn as much as you can about how sleep is being configured and executed on the laptop.

No need to immediately react - discovery is needed.

And certainly do not download any suggested fixes or attempt any registry edits.

You use rammap64 empty menu items to tell windows to dump its standby list.
Then later when you do a kernel dump the dump will be smaller in size since there will be fewer programs loaded into standby memory and the dump can be compressed more.

I do not know why ndis would be doing a live dump on a usb type c connector
do you have a usb network device connected to use type c ? if so move it to another hub.

provide this file:
C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\UcmUcsiCx.sys-20230126-1125.dmp (Kernel memory dump)

this is microsoft windows error reporting attempting to debug your machine with a automated process. it means microsoft is trying to debug and fix this problem. we should look at it and see what the problem is. Some problems microsoft can not remotely fix.

from the kernel dump
Contention Count = 11367

means some software tried over 11 thousands times to get access to a resource. next you would look at the locks to see who is holding it.
!locks

maybe gpu has a usb 3.1 port and usb network card is connected to it? gpu sleeps, usb host sleeps, network card sleeps but one of them does not wake (most likely the usb 3.x host on the gpu)
this would block the network adapter driver from waking.

!hidkd.hidtree
!usbtriage
!poaction

debug commands might be useful on the kernel dump

you can also look at the internal logs
!wdfkd.wdfcrashdump loader
then look at the list of logs and do

!wdflogdump logname
to show the internal log data.

!wdflogdump USBXHCI
for example will dump the usb extensions log.
there should be one for the usb c port.
this command will show what is connected to usb 3 hub
!usb3kd.usb_tree
you can also look at the log of each device on the hub with this command. (click on each device log)
you can download microsoft autoruns
and find the intel overclock driver and unclick or delete the driver and reboot to disable iocbios2.sys
Autoruns for Windows - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn

you can start cmd.exe as an admin then run
powercfg.exe /energy
and take a look at the report to see if it flags some errors in sleep/wake
------------------
edit:
I would make sure you update the bios to the jan 11 2023 version then update the gpu driver to this version from dell
Fixes & Enhancements
- Driver updates to address security vulnerabilities including (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures - CVE) such as CVE-2022-42267.
Version
31.0.15.2737, A17
Release date
10 Jan 2023
Download Type
Driver
Category
Video

it might have updates to the gpu 3.x usb host driver.

Last edited:
how to disable sleep setting:
you would run control panel, find device manager then find the device that you want to disable sleep for.
right mouse click on the device to bring up properties then look for a power management tab, look for a check mark that indicates let windows turn off this device to save power and uncheck the check mark.

for devices connected to usb you might have to do the same procedure on the USB host device. and work up the chain of devices. microsoft windows enabled this by default now and it exposed a lot of bugs for the last few months. lots of drivers do not process the wake signal correctly or do not know how to wake the host. Many require firmware updates for the actual device (mouse, or headsets) best to disable the sleep until the device firmware is updated/fixed. (if it gets fixed)

I have seen usb headsets with firmware that tells itself to go to sleep (out side of windows) then the headset wakes itself it sends a wake up to the host controller but the host controller does not respond correctly. (usb or bluetooth host controller had to be updated)

Jan 26, 2023
The reason for using sleep is to preserve everything as it is. I have not used shutdown for over 20 years.

Yes, there can be something interlinked, I will keep exploring.

Is there a specific reason for using sleep/power saving, etc. versus turning off the laptop?

Noted that it appears that a lot is being done to keep the laptop awake/running:

Consider that there may be some conflict being created and Windows, thus confused, crashes.

Instead of sleep try powering down via the Windows power icon. Allow Windows to do some housecleaning on its own and thus prepare for the next boot up.

Ensure that only one network adapter, either wired or wireless is enabled. Not both that the same time.

There are indeed many errors occuring. However, one particular error/source (TBD) may be the cause of the other errors. Windows can and does automatically handle some errors but there is always the possibility that fixing A causes B. fixing B causes C, fixing C causes A again. A circle or loop being created. Crash/freeze results.

The objective is to discover what causes any such loop and a means to stop the original problem.

Try powercfg - Reference:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-powercfg-control-power-settings-windows-10

Purpose is to simply learn as much as you can about how sleep is being configured and executed on the laptop.

No need to immediately react - discovery is needed.

And certainly do not download any suggested fixes or attempt any registry edits.

Jan 26, 2023
ot it, so after using rammap64, a manual trigger is required to collect the Kernel memory dump.

There is nothing connected to USB-C, the only thing connected to my laptop is an external screen, which is connected to an HDMI port but the crashes happen even when the screen is disconnected.

The complete Kernel memory dump was uploaded to the same link, I am not sure if you have already analyzed it. I have tried to run the commands on the Kernel memory dump that you mentioned but I lake the expertise to analyze the results.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64

Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\username\Downloads\BSOD\Minidump\UcmUcsiCx.sys-20230126-1125.dmp]

Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available.

************* Path validation summary **************

Response                         Time (ms)     Location

Deferred                                       srv*

Symbol search path is: srv*

Executable search path is:

Windows 10 Kernel Version 19045 MP (12 procs) Free x64

Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal

Edition build lab: 19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406

Machine Name:

Kernel base = 0xfffff802`29c00000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff802`2a82a2d0

Debug session time: Thu Jan 26 11:25:31.048 2023 (UTC + 3:00)

System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.731

Loading Kernel Symbols

Loading User Symbols

Loading unloaded module list

For analysis of this file, run !analyze -v

nt!IopLiveDumpEndMirroringCallback+0xb4:

fffff802`2a5ad0f4 498d8e00010000  lea     rcx,[r14+100h]

0: kd> !analyze -v

*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

UCMUCSI_LIVEDUMP (1d4)

The UcmUcsi driver has encountered an error. This is usually indicative of a problem with the UCSI firmware on the platform or device.

Run !rcdrkd.rcdrlogdump UcmUcsiCx for more information.

Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000000, A UCSI command has timed out because the firmware did not respond to the command in time.

Arg2: 000000000000000c, The UCSI command value.

Arg3: ffff88862eabf840, If non-zero, the pointer to additional information (dt UcmUcsiCx!UCMUCSICX_TRIAGE).

Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:

------------------

KEY_VALUES_STRING: 1

Key  : Analysis.CPU.mSec

Value: 3640

Key  : Analysis.DebugAnalysisManager

Value: Create

Key  : Analysis.Elapsed.mSec

Value: 8112

Key  : Analysis.IO.Other.Mb

Value: 0

Key  : Analysis.IO.Read.Mb

Value: 0

Key  : Analysis.IO.Write.Mb

Value: 1

Key  : Analysis.Init.CPU.mSec

Value: 1592

Key  : Analysis.Init.Elapsed.mSec

Value: 8883

Key  : Analysis.Memory.CommitPeak.Mb

Value: 99

Key  : Bugcheck.Code.DumpHeader

Value: 0x1d4

Key  : Bugcheck.Code.KiBugCheckData

Value: 0x0

Key  : Bugcheck.Code.Register

Value: 0xf7f20440

Key  : Dump.Attributes.AsUlong

Value: 10

Key  : WER.OS.Branch

Value: vb_release

Key  : WER.OS.Timestamp

Value: 2019-12-06T14:06:00Z

Key  : WER.OS.Version

Value: 10.0.19041.1

FILE_IN_CAB:  UcmUcsiCx.sys-20230126-1125.dmp

DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x10

Live Generated Dump

BUGCHECK_CODE:  1d4

BUGCHECK_P1: 0

BUGCHECK_P2: c

BUGCHECK_P3: ffff88862eabf840

BUGCHECK_P4: 0

PROCESS_NAME:  System

STACK_TEXT:

ffff8886`2eabf2f0 fffff802`2a591a6a     : ffffffff`ffffffff ffff8886`2eabf390 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopLiveDumpEndMirroringCallback+0xb4

ffff8886`2eabf340 fffff802`2a5acb63     : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ffffac85`1cd74010 ffffac85`1cd74010 : nt!MmDuplicateMemory+0x2be

ffff8886`2eabf3d0 fffff802`2a496aef     : ffffac85`1cd74010 ffffac85`1cd74010 ffff8886`2eabf768 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopLiveDumpCaptureMemoryPages+0x9f

ffff8886`2eabf520 fffff802`2a48933c     : 00000000`00000000 ffffbc8c`d6f8e200 ffffbc8c`d76a5310 ffffbc8c`d6f8e200 : nt!IoCaptureLiveDump+0x3e7

ffff8886`2eabf700 fffff802`2a489b6c     : ffffffff`80000b0c 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`000001d4 : nt!DbgkpWerCaptureLiveFullDump+0x14c

ffff8886`2eabf760 fffff802`2a48917d     : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff802`64aa1aa8 fffff802`00000000 : nt!DbgkpWerProcessPolicyResult+0x30

ffff8886`2eabf790 fffff802`64aa8a82     : 0000537a`ece665d8 fffff802`64aa4000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!DbgkWerCaptureLiveKernelDump+0x1dd

ffff8886`2eabf7f0 fffff802`64aa7e3a     : ffffac85`1333fea0 fffff802`64aa40f8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump+0x10e

ffff8886`2eabf870 fffff802`64aa73df     : ffffac85`12ad98a8 fffff802`64aa17d8 fffff802`64aa08f0 00000000`00000000 : UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::CxDevice::UnrecoverableFailureEncountered+0xf2

ffff8886`2eabf8b0 fffff802`64a934d9     : ffffac85`12a76460 ffffac85`132f4850 00000000`00000000 fffff802`64a9f127 : UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::CommandHandler::UnrecoverableFailure+0xaf

ffff8886`2eabf8f0 fffff802`64a9e303     : 00000000`00000001 ffff9a81`f859d180 00000000`00000004 ffff9a81`f859d180 : UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::CommandHandlerStateMachine<UcmUcsiCx::CommandHandler>::EntryFuncs::FailedEntry+0x9

ffff8886`2eabf920 fffff802`64a9de82     : 00000000`00000000 ffffac85`132f4850 ffffac85`12a76848 ffffac85`12a76460 : UcmUcsiCx!SmFx::StateMachineEngine::StateMachineEngineImpl::ExecuteCurrentState+0x7f

ffff8886`2eabf9a0 fffff802`64a9f222     : ffffac85`1301e490 00000000`00000000 ffffac85`1367b240 fffff802`29e5b7c7 : UcmUcsiCx!<lambda_c276094d149607b901f7fae525da7e78>::<lambda_invoker_cdecl>+0xa2

ffff8886`2eabf9d0 fffff802`29e07df5     : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff802`41cc4e10 : UcmUcsiCx!<lambda_9395206af589ac42132775cb7e45a067>::<lambda_invoker_cdecl>+0x12

ffff8886`2eabfa00 fffff802`29e5b3d5     : ffffac85`1367b240 ffffac85`1367b240 fffff802`29e07cc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopProcessWorkItem+0x135

ffff8886`2eabfa70 fffff802`29f030e5     : ffffac85`1367b240 00000000`00000080 ffffac84`f629f040 000fa4ef`bd9bbfff : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x105

ffff8886`2eabfb10 fffff802`2a002e08     : ffff9a81`f84e3180 ffffac85`1367b240 fffff802`29f03090 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x55

ffff8886`2eabfb60 00000000`00000000     : ffff8886`2eac0000 ffff8886`2eab9000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x28

SYMBOL_NAME:  UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump+10e

MODULE_NAME: UcmUcsiCx

IMAGE_NAME:  UcmUcsiCx.sys

STACK_COMMAND:  .cxr; .ecxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  10e

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  LKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_c_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {f5325a03-695c-91c6-231f-7d11203a0132}

Followup:     MachineOwner

---------

0: kd> !locks

**** DUMP OF ALL RESOURCE OBJECTS ****

KD: Scanning for held locks..

Resource @ nt!IopLiveDumpLock (0xfffff8022a8456e0)    Exclusively owned

Threads: ffffac851367b240-01<*>

KD: Scanning for held locks...Page 51037 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details

Cannot get _ERESOURCE type

Page 51037 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details

ERROR: reading list link at 0000000000000000

133 total locks, 1 locks currently held

0: kd> !hidkd.hidtree

HID Device Tree

================================================================================

FDO  VendorID:0x8087(Intel) ProductID:0x0AC2 Version:0x0000

!hidfdo 0xffffac851aa54060

PowerStates: S0/D0   |  0n0

dt FDO_EXTENSION 0xffffac851aa541d0

!devnode 0xffffac851a9cc780  |  DeviceNodeStarted (0n776)

InstancePath: {DEA5AE2A-D1FD-438A-A091-CBD484788436}\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2\5&35eafa11&0&00

IFR Log: !rcdrlogdump HIDCLASS -a 0xFFFFAC851AA55000

PDO  Sensor (0x20) | Sensor (0x01)

!hidpdo 0xffffac851aa5e4b0

Power States: S0/D0  |  COLLECTION_STATE_UNINITIALIZED (0n1)

dt PDO_EXTENSION 0xffffac851aa5e620

!devnode 0xffffac851aa21830  |  DeviceNodeInitialized (0n770)

Instance Path:HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2\6&1c259362&0&0000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 425420 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details

ERROR: !hidtree: extension exception 0x80004002.

"Unable to read 0x5a bytes at FFFFAC8513020170"

0: kd> !usbtriage

No export usbtriage found

0: kd> !poaction

PopAction: fffff8022a823280

State..........: 0 - Idle

Updates........: 0

Action.........: None

Lightest State.: Unspecified

Flags..........: 10000003 QueryApps|UIAllowed

Irp minor......: ??

System State...: Unspecified

Hiber Context..: 0000000000000000

Allocated power irps (PopIrpList - fffff8022a8239f0)

IRP: ffffac851338f010 (wait-wake/S4), PDO: ffffac84f892e120

IRP: ffffac851362d390 (wait-wake/S4), PDO: ffffac84f89e7360

IRP: ffffac8513610b40 (wait-wake/S0), PDO: ffffac84f8a0e060

IRP: ffffac8518622810 (wait-wake/S0), PDO: ffffac84f8db8dc0

IRP: ffffac85134f7390 (wait-wake/S0), PDO: ffffac84f89130a0

IRP: ffffac851ad58260 (wait-wake/S0), PDO: ffffac84f8dd9dc0

IRP: ffffac8513684010 (wait-wake/S0), PDO: ffffac84f8957060

IRP: ffffac851ae059b0 (wait-wake/S0), PDO: ffffac8510cf6060

Irp worker threads (PopIrpThreadList - fffff8022a820a20)

THREAD: ffffac84f62a3040 (static)

THREAD: ffffac84f62e3040 (static)

THREAD: ffffac8510e43040 (dynamic)

Broadcast in progress: FALSE

Is Directed DRIPS Transition: FALSE

No Device State present

0: kd> !wdfkd.wdfcrashdump

Retrieving crashdump log information...

Could not find necessary interfaces.

WDF crash dump data was not found

.0: kd> !wdflogdump USBXHCI

Warning: It looks like you're using the WDF debugger extension on a WDM

driver. Framework logs will not be available

Log dump command                           Log ID                   Size

================                           ======                   ====

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC8512D72010  00 SLT03 DCI05           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC8512D58010  00 SLT03 DCI04           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC8512D75010  00 SLT03 DCI03           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC851289DAB0  00 SLT01 DCI07           1024

*!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC851289B010  00 SLT03 DCI05           1024

*!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC851289AAB0  00 SLT03 DCI04           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC851282E9B0  00 SLT02 DCI02           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC851282E4E0  00 SLT02 DCI03           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC8510CE78E0  00 SLT03 DCI01           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC8510E40A20  00 SLT02 DCI01           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8FB6760  00 SLT01 DCI01           1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8FBA010  02 CMD                   1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8FB99B0  02 INT00                 1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8E9C9B0  00 CMD                   1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8E9C4E0  01 CMD                   1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8E9C010  00 INT00                 1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8D848A0  01 INT00                 1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8DBA8A0  02 8086 15e9             1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8DB88A0  01 10de 1ada             1024

!wdflogdump   USBXHCI -a 0xFFFFAC84F8EA49C0  00 8086 06ed             1024

NOTE: Deleted logs are marked with a star '*' symbol.

Trace searchpath is:

Trace format prefix is: %7!u!: %!FUNC! -

Trying to extract TMF information from - C:\ProgramData\Dbg\sym\usbxhci.pdb\D1B3F515FCB8070B3E0BF3B8DB5B6A951\usbxhci.pdb

--- start of log ---

01 CMD         205: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF6B30 WdfPreviousState 5

... (msg 775 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

02 CMD         775: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF7550 WdfPreviousState 5

... (msg 800 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

01 10de 1ada   800: Controller_IdleTimeoutUpdateWorker - Controller IdleTimeout set to 1

... (msg 837 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 8086 06ed   837: Controller_IdleTimeoutUpdateWorker - Controller IdleTimeout set to 1

... (msg 927 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

02 8086 15e9   927: Controller_IdleTimeoutUpdateWorker - Controller IdleTimeout set to 1

... (msg 1505 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT02 DCI01 1505: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 transferData 0xFFFFAC84F8FB3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1506: Control_Transfer_Complete - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 completed with STATUS_SUCCESS BytesTransferred 0 BytesTotal 0

00 SLT02 DCI01 1564: Control_WdfEvtIoDefault - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 Bytes 0 transferData 0xFFFFAC84F8FB3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1565: Control_Transfer_MapIntoRing - 2.1.0: Programmed WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 transferData 0xFFFFAC84F8FB3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1567: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 2.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC8CAB8 0x1 Length 0 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac84f8fb3914

00 SLT02 DCI01 1568: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 transferData 0xFFFFAC84F8FB3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1569: Control_Transfer_Complete - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 completed with STATUS_SUCCESS BytesTransferred 0 BytesTotal 0

00 SLT02 DCI01 1570: Control_WdfEvtIoDefault - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 Bytes 89 transferData 0xFFFFAC84F8FB3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1571: Control_Transfer_MapIntoRing - 2.1.0: Programmed WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 transferData 0xFFFFAC84F8FB3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1573: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 2.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC8CAB8 0xD Length 25 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac84f8fb3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1574: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 transferData 0xFFFFAC84F8FB3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1576: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 2.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC8CAB8 0x1 Length 0 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac84f8fb3914

00 SLT02 DCI01 1577: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 transferData 0xFFFFAC84F8FB3910

00 SLT02 DCI01 1578: Control_Transfer_Complete - 2.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888 completed with STATUS_SUCCESS BytesTransferred 25 BytesTotal 89

... (msg 1593 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT02 DCI03 1593: Bulk_RetrieveNextStage - 2.3.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AEF3F7FD8, start mapping first stage 0xFFFFAC8510C08250

00 SLT02 DCI03 1594: Bulk_RetrieveNextStage - 2.3.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537B0704C888, start mapping first stage 0xFFFFAC84F8FB39A0

... (msg 1782 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT03 DCI04 1782: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 3.4: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED7D5B08 Start

00 SLT03 DCI04 1783: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 3.4: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED7D5B08 Complete

... (msg 1784 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT03 DCI05 1784: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 3.5: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED7D56F8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI05 1785: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 3.5: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED7D56F8 Complete

... (msg 1873 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT01 DCI07 1873: Bulk_RetrieveNextStage - 1.7.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A3538, start mapping first stage 0xFFFFAC8512A5CCF0

... (msg 3724 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT01 DCI01 3724: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 1.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1 Length 0 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac8512a5a714

00 SLT01 DCI01 3725: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 1.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A5A88 transferData 0xFFFFAC8512A5A710

00 SLT01 DCI01 3726: Control_Transfer_Complete - 1.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A5A88 completed with STATUS_SUCCESS BytesTransferred 4 BytesTotal 4

00 SLT01 DCI01 3727: Control_WdfEvtIoDefault - 1.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A5A88 Bytes 4 transferData 0xFFFFAC8512A5A710

00 SLT01 DCI01 3728: Control_Transfer_MapIntoRing - 1.1.0: Programmed WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A5A88 transferData 0xFFFFAC8512A5A710

00 SLT01 DCI01 3730: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 1.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1 Length 4 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac8512a5a710

00 SLT01 DCI01 3731: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 1.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A5A88 transferData 0xFFFFAC8512A5A710

00 SLT01 DCI01 3733: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 1.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1 Length 0 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac8512a5a714

00 SLT01 DCI01 3734: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 1.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A5A88 transferData 0xFFFFAC8512A5A710

00 SLT01 DCI01 3735: Control_Transfer_Complete - 1.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A5A88 completed with STATUS_SUCCESS BytesTransferred 4 BytesTotal 4

00 SLT01 DCI07 3750: Bulk_WdfEvtRequestCancel - 1.7.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A3538 cancel requested

00 SLT01 DCI07 3755: Endpoint_SM_SendStopEndpointCommand - 1.7: OnCancelStop Begin

00 SLT01 DCI07 3758: Bulk_ProcessTransferEventWithED0 - 1.7.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1A Length 32 EventData 0 Pointer 0x424bff800

00 SLT01 DCI07 3759: Bulk_ProcessTransferEventWithED0 - 1.7.0: OutstandingEventCountAfterStop 0

00 SLT01 DCI07 3762: Endpoint_OnCancelStopCompletion - 1.7: OnCancelStop Complete 0x1 : ES_STOPPED xhciDequeuePointer 0x424bff801

00 SLT01 DCI07 3769: Endpoint_OnCancelSetDequeuePointer - 1.7.0: OnCancelSetDequeuePointer Begin : xhciDequeuePointer 0x424bff801

00 SLT01 DCI07 3773: Endpoint_OnCancelSetDequeuePointerCompletion - 1.7.0: OnCancelSetDequeuePointer Complete 0x1

00 SLT01 DCI07 3776: Bulk_Transfer_PrepareForCompletion - 1.7.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED5A3538  0xc0000120(STATUS_CANCELLED) BytesTransferred 0

00 SLT01 DCI07 4036: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 1.7: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED766438 Start

00 SLT01 DCI07 4037: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 1.7: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED766438 Complete

00 SLT01 DCI01 4038: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 1.1: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537B0708A438 Start

00 SLT01 DCI01 4039: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 1.1: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537B0708A438 Complete

01 CMD         4047: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF6B30 WdfPreviousState 4

02 CMD         4067: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF7550 WdfPreviousState 4

01 CMD         4211: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF6B30 WdfPreviousState 4

02 CMD         4247: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF7550 WdfPreviousState 4

... (msg 4407 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT03 DCI04 4407: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointAbort - 3.4: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED75FFD8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI04 4408: Endpoint_WdfEvtAbortComplete - 3.4: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED75FFD8 Complete

00 SLT03 DCI04 4421: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 3.4: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED75FFD8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI04 4422: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 3.4: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED75FFD8 Complete

01 CMD         4576: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF6B30 WdfPreviousState 4

02 CMD         4729: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF7550 WdfPreviousState 4

... (msg 4828 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 8086 06ed   4828: RootHub_DumpPortData - Speed                   1   IndicatorControl        0  LinkStateWriteStrobe   0

00 8086 06ed   4829: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConnectStatusChange     0   EnabledOrDisabledChange 0  OverCurrentChange      0

00 8086 06ed   4830: RootHub_DumpPortData - WarmPortResetChange     0   ResetChange             0  LinkStateChange        1

00 8086 06ed   4831: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConfigErrorChange       0   WakeOnConnectEnable     0  WakeOnDisconnectEnable 0

00 8086 06ed   4832: RootHub_DumpPortData - WakeOnOverCurrentEnable 0   DeviceRemovable         0  WarmPortReset          0

00 8086 06ed   4833: RootHub_UcxEvtInterruptTransfer - 2.0 Port 14 change, portSC 0x00400603

00 8086 06ed   4834: RootHub_UcxEvtGetPortStatus - 2.0 Port 14, portSC 0x00400603

00 8086 06ed   4835: RootHub_UcxEvtGetPortStatus - PortStatus 0x0103 PortChange 0x0004

00 8086 06ed   4836: RootHub_UcxEvtClearPortFeature - 2.0 Port 14, Feature Selector 18, Feature Specific Value   0

00 8086 06ed   4837: RootHub_UcxEvtClearPortFeature - C_PORT_SUSPEND: Before portSC  0x00400603

00 8086 06ed   4838: RootHub_UcxEvtClearPortFeature - C_PORT_SUSPEND: Writing portSC 0x00400200

00 8086 06ed   4839: RootHub_UcxEvtClearPortFeature - C_PORT_SUSPEND: After portSC   0x00000603

00 8086 06ed   4840: RootHub_UcxEvtGetPortStatus - 2.0 Port 14, portSC 0x00000603

00 8086 06ed   4841: RootHub_UcxEvtGetPortStatus - PortStatus 0x0103 PortChange 0x0000

... (msg 4856 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT03 DCI01 4856: Control_Transfer_MapIntoRing - 3.1.0: Programmed WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7943748 transferData 0xFFFFAC85186BCA50

00 SLT03 DCI01 4858: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 3.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1 Length 6 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac85186bca50

00 SLT03 DCI01 4859: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 3.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7943748 transferData 0xFFFFAC85186BCA50

00 SLT03 DCI01 4861: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 3.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1 Length 0 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac85186bca54

00 SLT03 DCI01 4862: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 3.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7943748 transferData 0xFFFFAC85186BCA50

00 SLT03 DCI01 4863: Control_Transfer_Complete - 3.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7943748 completed with STATUS_SUCCESS BytesTransferred 6 BytesTotal 6

02 CMD         4872: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF7550 WdfPreviousState 4

01 CMD         4890: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF6B30 WdfPreviousState 4

... (msg 5002 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

01 10de 1ada   5002: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConnectStatusChange     0   EnabledOrDisabledChange 0  OverCurrentChange      0

01 10de 1ada   5003: RootHub_DumpPortData - WarmPortResetChange     0   ResetChange             0  LinkStateChange        0

01 10de 1ada   5004: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConfigErrorChange       0   WakeOnConnectEnable     1  WakeOnDisconnectEnable 1

01 10de 1ada   5005: RootHub_DumpPortData - WakeOnOverCurrentEnable 1   DeviceRemovable         0  WarmPortReset          0

01 10de 1ada   5006: RootHub_WaitForPendingU3TransitionCompletion - 2.0 Port  6 portSC 0x0e0002a0

01 10de 1ada   5007: RootHub_DumpPortData - PortRegister 0xFFFF9A81F87B9470 PortSC 0x0e0002a0

01 10de 1ada   5008: RootHub_DumpPortData - CurrentConnectStatus    0   Enabled                 0  OverCurrentActive      0

01 10de 1ada   5009: RootHub_DumpPortData - Reset                   0   Power                   1  LinkState              5

01 10de 1ada   5010: RootHub_DumpPortData - Speed                   0   IndicatorControl        0  LinkStateWriteStrobe   0

01 10de 1ada   5011: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConnectStatusChange     0   EnabledOrDisabledChange 0  OverCurrentChange      0

01 10de 1ada   5012: RootHub_DumpPortData - WarmPortResetChange     0   ResetChange             0  LinkStateChange        0

01 10de 1ada   5013: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConfigErrorChange       0   WakeOnConnectEnable     1  WakeOnDisconnectEnable 1

01 10de 1ada   5014: RootHub_DumpPortData - WakeOnOverCurrentEnable 1   DeviceRemovable         0  WarmPortReset          0

01 10de 1ada   5015: RootHub_D0Exit - PoFxPowerControl failed with 0xc00000bb(STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED)

01 10de 1ada   5016: Register_ControllerStop - Register_ControllerStop Begin

01 10de 1ada   5017: Register_ControllerStop - Controller successfully halted after 0 calls to KeDelayExecutionThread (1)

01 10de 1ada   5018: Interrupter_D0ExitStopped - InterrupterData 0xFFFFAC84F8E2AEC0 CurrentBufferData 0xFFFFAC84F8F286A8 CycleState 1 Segment 0 Index   0 ERDP 0x42792e000

01 10de 1ada   5019: Controller_D0ExitSaveState - Begin: Controller Save State operation

01 10de 1ada   5020: Controller_D0ExitSaveState - Begin: Controller Save State register write

01 10de 1ada   5021: Controller_D0ExitSaveState - Controller Save State successful after 15621 microseconds

00 SLT01 DCI07 5022: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 1.7: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED766438 Start

00 SLT01 DCI07 5023: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 1.7: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED766438 Complete

00 SLT01 DCI01 5024: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 1.1: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537B0708A438 Start

00 SLT01 DCI01 5025: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 1.1: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537B0708A438 Complete

00 8086 06ed   5026: RootHub_UcxEvtSetPortFeature - 2.0 Port  5, Feature Selector  2, Feature Specific Value   0

00 8086 06ed   5027: RootHub_UcxEvtSetPortFeature - PORT_SUSPEND: Before portSC  0x00000e03

00 8086 06ed   5028: RootHub_UcxEvtSetPortFeature - PORT_SUSPEND: Writing portSC 0x00010260

00 8086 06ed   5029: RootHub_UcxEvtSetPortFeature - PORT_SUSPEND: After portSC   0x00000e63

02 CMD         5094: Command_D0Entry - CommandData 0xFFFFAC84F8EF7550 WdfPreviousState 4

... (msg 5160 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

02 8086 15e9   5160: RootHub_DumpPortData - Speed                   0   IndicatorControl        0  LinkStateWriteStrobe   0

02 8086 15e9   5161: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConnectStatusChange     0   EnabledOrDisabledChange 0  OverCurrentChange      0

02 8086 15e9   5162: RootHub_DumpPortData - WarmPortResetChange     0   ResetChange             0  LinkStateChange        0

02 8086 15e9   5163: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConfigErrorChange       0   WakeOnConnectEnable     1  WakeOnDisconnectEnable 1

02 8086 15e9   5164: RootHub_DumpPortData - WakeOnOverCurrentEnable 1   DeviceRemovable         0  WarmPortReset          0

02 8086 15e9   5165: RootHub_WaitForPendingU3TransitionCompletion - 3.0 Port  4 portSC 0x0e0002a0

02 8086 15e9   5166: RootHub_DumpPortData - PortRegister 0xFFFF9A81F89004B0 PortSC 0x0e0002a0

02 8086 15e9   5167: RootHub_DumpPortData - CurrentConnectStatus    0   Enabled                 0  OverCurrentActive      0

02 8086 15e9   5168: RootHub_DumpPortData - Reset                   0   Power                   1  LinkState              5

02 8086 15e9   5169: RootHub_DumpPortData - Speed                   0   IndicatorControl        0  LinkStateWriteStrobe   0

02 8086 15e9   5170: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConnectStatusChange     0   EnabledOrDisabledChange 0  OverCurrentChange      0

02 8086 15e9   5171: RootHub_DumpPortData - WarmPortResetChange     0   ResetChange             0  LinkStateChange        0

02 8086 15e9   5172: RootHub_DumpPortData - ConfigErrorChange       0   WakeOnConnectEnable     1  WakeOnDisconnectEnable 1

02 8086 15e9   5173: RootHub_DumpPortData - WakeOnOverCurrentEnable 1   DeviceRemovable         0  WarmPortReset          0

02 8086 15e9   5174: RootHub_D0Exit - PoFxPowerControl failed with 0xc00000bb(STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED)

02 8086 15e9   5175: Register_ControllerStop - Register_ControllerStop Begin

02 8086 15e9   5176: Register_ControllerStop - Controller successfully halted after 0 calls to KeDelayExecutionThread (1)

02 8086 15e9   5177: Interrupter_D0ExitStopped - InterrupterData 0xFFFFAC84F8EADF10 CurrentBufferData 0xFFFFAC84F8F3FEC8 CycleState 1 Segment 0 Index   0 ERDP 0x2000

02 8086 15e9   5178: Controller_D0ExitSaveState - Begin: Controller Save State operation

02 8086 15e9   5179: Controller_D0ExitSaveState - Begin: Controller Save State register write

02 8086 15e9   5180: Controller_D0ExitSaveState - Controller Save State successful after 15621 microseconds

... (msg 5237 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT03 DCI05 5237: Endpoint_OnCancelSetDequeuePointerCompletion - 3.5.0: OnCancelSetDequeuePointer Complete 0x1

00 SLT03 DCI05 5240: Bulk_Transfer_PrepareForCompletion - 3.5.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED55B4F8  0xc0000120(STATUS_CANCELLED) BytesTransferred 0

00 SLT03 DCI05 5241: Bulk_CompleteTransfers - 3.5.0: Requeued WdfRequest 0x0000537AED7D8F18 STATUS_SUCCESS

00 SLT03 DCI05 5243: Bulk_RetrieveNextStage - 3.5.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED7D8F18, start mapping first stage 0xFFFFAC8512827310

00 SLT03 DCI05 5245: Bulk_WdfEvtRequestCancel - 3.5.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED7D8F18 cancel requested

00 SLT03 DCI05 5250: Endpoint_SM_SendStopEndpointCommand - 3.5: OnCancelStop Begin

... (msg 5251 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 CMD         5251: Command_InternalSendCommand - Sending Crb 0xFFFFAC85128320F0: 0xF ObjectHandle 0xFFFFAC8512832050

00 SLT03 DCI05 5253: Bulk_ProcessTransferEventWithED0 - 3.5.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1A Length 4096 EventData 0 Pointer 0x424bffa00

00 SLT03 DCI05 5254: Bulk_ProcessTransferEventWithED0 - 3.5.0: OutstandingEventCountAfterStop 0

... (msg 5255 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 INT00       5255: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [113] SlotId  3 EndpointId  0 ED 0 Pointer 4279264b0        Length 0        0x1 0x21

00 CMD         5256: Command_HandleCommandCompletionEvent - Completed Crb 0xFFFFAC85128320F0 found: 0xF 0x1 CycleBit 1 SlotId 3

00 SLT03 DCI05 5257: Endpoint_OnCancelStopCompletion - 3.5: OnCancelStop Complete 0x1 : ES_STOPPED xhciDequeuePointer 0x424bffa01

00 SLT03 DCI05 5264: Endpoint_OnCancelSetDequeuePointer - 3.5.0: OnCancelSetDequeuePointer Begin : xhciDequeuePointer 0x424bffa01

00 CMD         5265: Command_InternalSendCommand - Sending Crb 0xFFFFAC85128320F0: 0x10 ObjectHandle 0xFFFFAC8512832050

00 INT00       5266: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [114] SlotId  3 EndpointId  0 ED 0 Pointer 4279264c0        Length 0        0x1 0x21

00 CMD         5267: Command_HandleCommandCompletionEvent - Completed Crb 0xFFFFAC85128320F0 found: 0x10 0x1 CycleBit 1 SlotId 3

00 SLT03 DCI05 5268: Endpoint_OnCancelSetDequeuePointerCompletion - 3.5.0: OnCancelSetDequeuePointer Complete 0x1

00 SLT03 DCI05 5271: Bulk_Transfer_PrepareForCompletion - 3.5.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED7D8F18  0xc0000120(STATUS_CANCELLED) BytesTransferred 0

00 CMD         5280: Command_InternalSendCommand - Sending Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0: 0xF ObjectHandle 0xFFFFAC8512D09050

00 INT00       5281: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [115] SlotId  3 EndpointId  3 ED 0 Pointer 425ed9e20        Length 257      0x1A 0x20

00 INT00       5284: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [116] SlotId  3 EndpointId  0 ED 0 Pointer 4279264d0        Length 0        0x1 0x21

00 CMD         5285: Command_HandleCommandCompletionEvent - Completed Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0 found: 0xF 0x1 CycleBit 1 SlotId 3

00 CMD         5294: Command_InternalSendCommand - Sending Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0: 0x10 ObjectHandle 0xFFFFAC8512D09050

00 INT00       5295: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [117] SlotId  3 EndpointId  0 ED 0 Pointer 4279264e0        Length 0        0x1 0x21

00 CMD         5296: Command_HandleCommandCompletionEvent - Completed Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0 found: 0x10 0x1 CycleBit 1 SlotId 3

00 CMD         5313: Command_InternalSendCommand - Sending Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0: 0xF ObjectHandle 0xFFFFAC8512D09050

00 INT00       5314: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [118] SlotId  3 EndpointId  3 ED 0 Pointer 425ed9e00        Length 257      0x1A 0x20

00 INT00       5317: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [119] SlotId  3 EndpointId  0 ED 0 Pointer 4279264f0        Length 0        0x1 0x21

00 CMD         5318: Command_HandleCommandCompletionEvent - Completed Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0 found: 0xF 0x1 CycleBit 1 SlotId 3

00 CMD         5327: Command_InternalSendCommand - Sending Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0: 0x10 ObjectHandle 0xFFFFAC8512D09050

00 INT00       5328: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [120] SlotId  3 EndpointId  0 ED 0 Pointer 427926500        Length 0        0x1 0x21

00 CMD         5329: Command_HandleCommandCompletionEvent - Completed Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0 found: 0x10 0x1 CycleBit 1 SlotId 3

... (msg 5330 heads a new log buffer: older messages in buffer may be lost)

00 SLT03 DCI03 5330: Endpoint_OnCancelSetDequeuePointerCompletion - 3.3.0: OnCancelSetDequeuePointer Complete 0x1

00 SLT03 DCI03 5333: Bulk_Transfer_PrepareForCompletion - 3.3.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7941748  0xc0000120(STATUS_CANCELLED) BytesTransferred 0

00 SLT03 DCI03 5334: Bulk_CompleteTransfers - 3.3.0: Requeued WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7942748 STATUS_SUCCESS

00 SLT03 DCI03 5336: Bulk_RetrieveNextStage - 3.3.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7942748, start mapping first stage 0xFFFFAC85186BDAE0

00 SLT03 DCI03 5338: Bulk_WdfEvtRequestCancel - 3.3.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7942748 cancel requested

00 SLT03 DCI03 5343: Endpoint_SM_SendStopEndpointCommand - 3.3: OnCancelStop Begin

00 CMD         5344: Command_InternalSendCommand - Sending Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0: 0xF ObjectHandle 0xFFFFAC8512D09050

00 INT00       5345: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [121] SlotId  3 EndpointId  3 ED 0 Pointer 425ed9e00        Length 257      0x1A 0x20

00 SLT03 DCI03 5346: Bulk_ProcessTransferEventWithED0 - 3.3.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1A Length 257 EventData 0 Pointer 0x425ed9e00

00 SLT03 DCI03 5347: Bulk_ProcessTransferEventWithED0 - 3.3.0: OutstandingEventCountAfterStop 0

00 INT00       5348: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [122] SlotId  3 EndpointId  0 ED 0 Pointer 427926510        Length 0        0x1 0x21

00 CMD         5349: Command_HandleCommandCompletionEvent - Completed Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0 found: 0xF 0x1 CycleBit 1 SlotId 3

00 SLT03 DCI03 5350: Endpoint_OnCancelStopCompletion - 3.3: OnCancelStop Complete 0x1 : ES_STOPPED xhciDequeuePointer 0x425ed9e01

00 SLT03 DCI03 5357: Endpoint_OnCancelSetDequeuePointer - 3.3.0: OnCancelSetDequeuePointer Begin : xhciDequeuePointer 0x425ed9e01

00 CMD         5358: Command_InternalSendCommand - Sending Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0: 0x10 ObjectHandle 0xFFFFAC8512D09050

00 INT00       5359: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [123] SlotId  3 EndpointId  0 ED 0 Pointer 427926520        Length 0        0x1 0x21

00 CMD         5360: Command_HandleCommandCompletionEvent - Completed Crb 0xFFFFAC8512D090F0 found: 0x10 0x1 CycleBit 1 SlotId 3

00 SLT03 DCI03 5361: Endpoint_OnCancelSetDequeuePointerCompletion - 3.3.0: OnCancelSetDequeuePointer Complete 0x1

00 SLT03 DCI03 5364: Bulk_Transfer_PrepareForCompletion - 3.3.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AE7942748  0xc0000120(STATUS_CANCELLED) BytesTransferred 0

00 SLT03 DCI05 5367: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointAbort - 3.5: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED7617F8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI05 5368: Endpoint_WdfEvtAbortComplete - 3.5: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED7617F8 Complete

00 SLT03 DCI04 5369: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointAbort - 3.4: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED75FFD8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI04 5370: Endpoint_WdfEvtAbortComplete - 3.4: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED75FFD8 Complete

00 SLT03 DCI03 5371: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointAbort - 3.3: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED765A08 Start

00 SLT03 DCI03 5372: Endpoint_WdfEvtAbortComplete - 3.3: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED765A08 Complete

00 SLT03 DCI01 5373: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointAbort - 3.1: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537B07048FD8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI01 5374: Endpoint_WdfEvtAbortComplete - 3.1: Abort UcxEndpoint 0x0000537B07048FD8 Complete

00 SLT03 DCI01 5375: Control_WdfEvtIoDefault - 3.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED7D8F18 Bytes 0 transferData 0xFFFFAC8512827280

00 SLT03 DCI01 5376: Control_Transfer_MapIntoRing - 3.1.0: Programmed WdfRequest 0x0000537AED7D8F18 transferData 0xFFFFAC8512827280

00 INT00       5377: Interrupter_DeferredWorkProcessor - [124] SlotId  3 EndpointId  1 ED 1 Pointer ffffac8512827284 Length 0        0x1 0x20

00 SLT03 DCI01 5378: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 3.1.0: TransferEventTrb 0xFFFFF8022FC84668 0x1 Length 0 EventData 1 Pointer 0xffffac8512827284

00 SLT03 DCI01 5379: Control_ProcessTransferEventWithED1 - 3.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED7D8F18 transferData 0xFFFFAC8512827280

00 SLT03 DCI01 5380: Control_Transfer_Complete - 3.1.0: WdfRequest 0x0000537AED7D8F18 completed with STATUS_SUCCESS BytesTransferred 0 BytesTotal 0

00 SLT03 DCI05 5381: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 3.5: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED7617F8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI05 5382: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 3.5: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED7617F8 Complete

00 SLT03 DCI04 5383: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 3.4: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED75FFD8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI04 5384: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 3.4: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED75FFD8 Complete

00 SLT03 DCI03 5385: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 3.3: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED765A08 Start

00 SLT03 DCI03 5386: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 3.3: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537AED765A08 Complete

00 SLT03 DCI01 5387: Endpoint_UcxEvtEndpointPurge - 3.1: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537B07048FD8 Start

00 SLT03 DCI01 5388: Endpoint_WdfEvtPurgeComplete - 3.1: Purge UcxEndpoint 0x0000537B07048FD8 Complete

00 8086 06ed   5389: RootHub_UcxEvtSetPortFeature - 2.0 Port 14, Feature Selector  2, Feature Specific Value   0

00 8086 06ed   5390: RootHub_UcxEvtSetPortFeature - PORT_SUSPEND: Before portSC  0x00000603

00 8086 06ed   5391: RootHub_UcxEvtSetPortFeature - PORT_SUSPEND: Writing portSC 0x00010260

00 8086 06ed   5392: RootHub_UcxEvtSetPortFeature - PORT_SUSPEND: After portSC   0x00000663

---- end of log ----

3 error events encountered in logs

0: kd> !usb3kd.usb_tree

Dumping HUB Tree - !drvObj 0xffffac84f8b47a40

--------------------------------------------

Topology

--------

1)  !xhci_info 0xffffac84f8e22f70  Intel(R) - PCI: VendorId 0x8086 DeviceId 0x15e9 RevisionId 0x06 SubVendorId 0x1028 SubSystemId 0x09f9

!hub_info 0xffffac84f8fbe310 (ROOT)

!port_info 0xffffac8510c02110 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac8510c030d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac8510c040d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac8510c050d0 <free>

2)  !xhci_info 0xffffac84f8e1ee90  Intel(R) - PCI: VendorId 0x8086 DeviceId 0x06ed RevisionId 0x00 SubVendorId 0x1028 SubSystemId 0x09f9

!hub_info 0xffffac84f8f6e310 (ROOT)

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f83520 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f845a0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f855a0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f870d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f880d0 !device_info 0xffffac8510c070d0 Desc: Integrated_Webcam_HD Speed: High

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f895e0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f8b0d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f8c0d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fa1620 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fa30d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fa4520 !device_info 0xffffac8510c090d0 Desc: AW-ELC Speed: Full

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fa50d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fa60d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fa75e0 !device_info 0xffffac8510c0a0d0 Desc: <none> Speed: Full

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fa90d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8faa0d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8ebe4e0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f825e0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f7f0d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f800d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fab5e0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fad0d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8fae0d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8faf5e0 <free>

3)  !xhci_info 0xffffac84f8db6f30  NVIDIA - PCI: VendorId 0x10de DeviceId 0x1ada RevisionId 0xa1 SubVendorId 0x1028 SubSystemId 0x09f9

!hub_info 0xffffac84f8f6c3e0 (ROOT)

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f730d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f740d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f750d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f765e0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f780d0 <free>

!port_info 0xffffac84f8f790d0 <free>

Enumerated Device List

----------------------

1) !device_info 0xffffac8510c070d0, !devstack ffffac8512df0060

Current Device State: ConfiguredSuspended.Suspended

Desc: Integrated_Webcam_HD

USB\VID_0BDA&PID_565A&REV_8176 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

!ucx_device 0xffffac84f8dd2db0 !xhci_deviceslots 0xffffac84f8e1ee90 1 !xhci_info 0xffffac84f8e1ee90

2) !device_info 0xffffac8510c090d0, !devstack ffffac8512df02c0

Current Device State: ConfiguredInD0

Desc: AW-ELC

USB\VID_187C&PID_0550&REV_0200 Alienware Corporation

!ucx_device 0xffffac8510cacd80 !xhci_deviceslots 0xffffac84f8e1ee90 2 !xhci_info 0xffffac84f8e1ee90

3) !device_info 0xffffac8510c0a0d0, !devstack ffffac8510cf6060

Current Device State: ConfiguredSuspended.Suspended

Desc: <none>

USB\VID_8087&PID_0026&REV_0002 Intel

!ucx_device 0xffffac84f8fa4df0 !xhci_deviceslots 0xffffac84f8e1ee90 3 !xhci_info 0xffffac84f8e1ee90

Enumerated HUB List

-------------------

1)  Root HUB

Hub FDO: 0xffffac84f8dc5da0, PDO: 0xffffac84f8db8dc0, Depth 0

!hub_info 0xffffac84f8f6c3e0

Current Hub State: Suspended

2)  Root HUB

Hub FDO: 0xffffac84f8e7adb0, PDO: 0xffffac84f8e2bdc0, Depth 0

!hub_info 0xffffac84f8f6e310

Current Hub State: ConfiguredWithIntTransfer

3)  Root HUB

Hub FDO: 0xffffac84f8dcbd20, PDO: 0xffffac84f8dd9dc0, Depth 0

!hub_info 0xffffac84f8fbe310

Current Hub State: Suspended

I disabled iocbios2.sys using autoruns but it caused huge number of errors in device manager and Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report thus I reverted the changes.

I downloaded and reinstalled the latest Intel Integrated Sensor Solution driver then I reinstalled the Dell system BIOS update and then I went to safemode and used DDU to uninstall NVIDIA driver and returned to normal mode and installed the latest driver NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1650-1050-1660-Ti-and-RTX-2060-2070-2080_67C4W_WIN_31.0.15.2737_A17.EXE.

I ran the Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report and it looks like it is pointing us to the right direction. I have uploaded the report to the link.

Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2546]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg.exe /energy
Enabling tracing for 60 seconds...
Observing system behavior...
Analyzing trace data...
Analysis complete.

Energy efficiency problems were found.

3 Errors
3 Warnings
55 Informational

See C:\WINDOWS\system32\energy-report.html for more details.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
NVIDIA USB Type-C Port Policy Controller

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Code:
Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Scan Time    2023-01-30T06:24:04Z
Scan Duration    60 seconds
System Manufacturer    Dell Inc.
System Product Name    G7 7700
BIOS Date    12/16/2022
BIOS Version    1.21.0
OS Build    19045
Platform Role    PlatformRoleMobile
Plugged In    true
Process Count    315
Thread Count    5169
Report GUID    {dd126d05-01c9-44c7-a4f1-36532ebb1a47}

Analysis Results

Errors

System Availability Requests:System Required Request
The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep.
Requesting Driver Instance    INTELAUDIO\CTLR_DEV_06C8&LINKTYPE_02&DEVTYPE_00&VEN_8086&DEV_AE20&SUBSYS_09F91028&REV_10EC\5&a1598ed&0&0000
Requesting Driver Device    Intel® Smart Sound Technology (Intel® SST)

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend
This device did not enter the USB Selective Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.
Device Name    USB Composite Device
Host Controller ID    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06ED
Host Controller Location    PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0
Device ID    USB\VID_0BDA&PID_565A
Port Path    5

CPU Utilization:Processor utilization is high
The average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.
Average Utilization (%)    22.54

Warnings

Platform Timer Resolution:Outstanding Timer Request
A program or service has requested a timer resolution smaller than the platform maximum timer resolution.
Requested Period    10000
Requesting Process ID    23220
Requesting Process Path    \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\username\AppData\Local\CiscoSparkLauncher\43.1.0.24716_d0ceaa3b-9680-422c-9f56-82b9c3c8134e\dependencies\washost.exe

Platform Timer Resolution:Outstanding Timer Request
A program or service has requested a timer resolution smaller than the platform maximum timer resolution.
Requested Period    10000
Requesting Process ID    21872
Requesting Process Path    \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Users\username\AppData\Local\CiscoSparkLauncher\CiscoCollabHost.exe

CPU Utilization:Analysis Error
Analysis was partially unsuccessful. Some results are available, but they may be incomplete.

You use rammap64 empty menu items to tell windows to dump its standby list.
Then later when you do a kernel dump the dump will be smaller in size since there will be fewer programs loaded into standby memory and the dump can be compressed more.

I do not know why ndis would be doing a live dump on a usb type c connector
do you have a usb network device connected to use type c ? if so move it to another hub.

provide this file:
C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\UcmUcsiCx.sys-20230126-1125.dmp (Kernel memory dump)

this is microsoft windows error reporting attempting to debug your machine with a automated process. it means microsoft is trying to debug and fix this problem. we should look at it and see what the problem is. Some problems microsoft can not remotely fix.

from the kernel dump
Contention Count = 11367

means some software tried over 11 thousands times to get access to a resource. next you would look at the locks to see who is holding it.
!locks

maybe gpu has a usb 3.1 port and usb network card is connected to it? gpu sleeps, usb host sleeps, network card sleeps but one of them does not wake (most likely the usb 3.x host on the gpu)
this would block the network adapter driver from waking.

!hidkd.hidtree
!usbtriage
!poaction

debug commands might be useful on the kernel dump

you can also look at the internal logs
!wdfkd.wdfcrashdump loader
then look at the list of logs and do

!wdflogdump logname
to show the internal log data.

!wdflogdump USBXHCI
for example will dump the usb extensions log.
there should be one for the usb c port.
this command will show what is connected to usb 3 hub
!usb3kd.usb_tree
you can also look at the log of each device on the hub with this command. (click on each device log)
you can download microsoft autoruns
and find the intel overclock driver and unclick or delete the driver and reboot to disable iocbios2.sys
Autoruns for Windows - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn

you can start cmd.exe as an admin then run
powercfg.exe /energy
and take a look at the report to see if it flags some errors in sleep/wake
------------------
edit:
I would make sure you update the bios to the jan 11 2023 version then update the gpu driver to this version from dell
Fixes & Enhancements
- Driver updates to address security vulnerabilities including (Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures - CVE) such as CVE-2022-42267.
Version
31.0.15.2737, A17
Release date
10 Jan 2023
Download Type
Driver
Category
Video

it might have updates to the gpu 3.x usb host driver.

Mod Edit: Removed personal information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding: "The reason for using sleep is to preserve everything as it is. I have not used shutdown for over 20 years."

Exactly what are you trying to preserve?

"As it is" would likely include buggy or corrupt code that would otherwise be repaired or updated after shutting down and then rebooting. Many software fixes and configuration changes require at least a reboot. Full power off and a restart may be needed. Part of the process.

And, if not being done, then that may create even more of a mess should there be any problematic sleep code, power saving issues, configuration settings, or a limited resource that causes conflict.

Or there is a app or utility such as PulseSAM likewise not getting cleaned and reset for its' next use.

When Windows is properly shutdown via the power icon, power is not turned off until Windows has finished the necessary 'house cleaning" and preparation for the next boot up.

In a properly configured and administered system nothing should be lost. Windows will capture and preserve the last settings and those settings should be available when system power is returned.

Likewise, with a normal shutdown all data should be retained as well. If (actually when) there is some system or boot problem then backups are used to recover.

Somewhat out of my comfort zone (full disclosure) when working with Memory dumps etc..

However, I am in full agreement with @johnbl 's suggestions regarding the need to identify the problem and a subsquent fix. E.g., those 11,637 contention errors as a starting point.

Do keep in mind that the problem could be deeply embedded and that a permanent solution may require a clean Windows install.

Is all important data backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the host computer? Do verify that all backups are recoverable and readable.

I am headed to the airport in a few hours, will be back in 10 days. I could only look glance at your post. I would guess that the bios and the drivers do not match up correctly.

if nothing is connected to the usb-c port, you might consider disabling the hardware/driver to work around the problem.

I always disable the usb-c port and sound support, all of the nvidia tools from my nvidia gpu.
(I don't use my usb-c except, get sound from from my gpu to my display via hdmi so I shut that off and use my motherboard sound hardware) Disabled nvidia shadow play since I never used it and have found bugs in it before)

back in 10 days.

check for thunderbolt driver update and thunderbolt firmware update from dell.
I assumed the usb-c came from the gpu but it could be from thunderbolt emulation of usb-c.
(see if your dell has thunderbolt, if it does then look for a driver and firmware update. it could be a bug in the firmware that caused the usb-c command to not to get response. Also, manufactures like to put a bunch of devices on the same bus. So you might think that nothing is connected but on the motherboard webcams and stupid led light controllers are connected so you have to check for drivers and firmware updates for these also. Maybe even disable them as test to see if you still bugcheck.)

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023
I use USB-C from time to time to connect my mobile. I will experiment with disabling it.

I have updated all thunderbolt drivers now. I will keep you posted.

I am headed to the airport in a few hours, will be back in 10 days. I could only look glance at your post. I would guess that the bios and the drivers do not match up correctly.

if nothing is connected to the usb-c port, you might consider disabling the hardware/driver to work around the problem.

I always disable the usb-c port and sound support, all of the nvidia tools from my nvidia gpu.
(I don't use my usb-c except, get sound from from my gpu to my display via hdmi so I shut that off and use my motherboard sound hardware) Disabled nvidia shadow play since I never used it and have found bugs in it before)

back in 10 days.

check for thunderbolt driver update and thunderbolt firmware update from dell.
I assumed the usb-c came from the gpu but it could be from thunderbolt emulation of usb-c.
(see if your dell has thunderbolt, if it does then look for a driver and firmware update. it could be a bug in the firmware that caused the usb-c command to not to get response. Also, manufactures like to put a bunch of devices on the same bus. So you might think that nothing is connected but on the motherboard webcams and stupid led light controllers are connected so you have to check for drivers and firmware updates for these also. Maybe even disable them as test to see if you still bugcheck.)