[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 5567 cannot boot to safe mode [WINDOWS 10]

0AgentHani0

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
Hi guys, My Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop was previously put onto sleep and then i had to open it up and everything just started to completely freeze and stuck, programs not showing up, cannot interact with task bar, i just cant do anything and everything is on loading session.. Even when i try to reboot.. it started to take long to boot and nothing changes, everything still stuck..

I need to perform a /SFC SCANNOW operation because i have faced this problem long time ago and luckily i had taskbar working up during that time.. but this time my task bar is frozen, i cannot even open cmd , i was deciding to boot into safe mode and execute cmd from there but i dont know how am i suppose to do that.. I assume dell has no option to go into safe mode while booting up which is very stupid (correct me if i am wrong) how should i get through this? Its strange that such a good laptop like inspiron 5567 still gets into problems like this?, Any replies, solutions are highly appreciated

- SCREENSHOT -
(as u can see it appears like this, i cannot do anything, programs not showing)

https://imgur.com/a/HqpZ8xv

Solution

I fixed it, I tried running Startup repair by repeating the same method(holding SHIFT and restarting from the WINDOWS 10 Login page) from the same menu and it automatically ran a diagnosis and did a chkdsk repair and it fixed it :) !
Click anywhere on your desktop (not on a shortcut) and press the Alt and F4 keys together. A menu should pop up giving you the option to shutdown, restart, etc. Select Restart from the drop-down menu, hold Shift, and click on "OK." Continue holding the Shift key until you get a prompt to access advanced startup features.

Once you're in the Advanced Startup section, use the designated key to boot into Safe Mode (I want to say it's the number 4 or 5 key).

If that doesn't work, you can always try setting up a USB drive with Win 10, boot off that, and run command line tools from there.

0AgentHani0

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015

I tried to go through the advanced startup section by holding the shift button and clicking on restart (through login-startup)

and finally went in through safe mode.. But still i cant believe i am facing the same problem, even in safe mode, Task bar is stuck, programs are not showing up, when you move your cursor to the taskbar it changes into a loading icon and whenever i press the taskbar it keeps popping me the "Microsoft Windows is not responding, Do you want to end process ?" and when i keep clicking end process. taskbar vanishes and keeps coming back again and then again its stuck and the pop out menu for "microsoft not responding" shows up again, i am stuck in a loop..

0AgentHani0

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015

I fixed it, I tried running Startup repair by repeating the same method(holding SHIFT and restarting from the WINDOWS 10 Login page) from the same menu and it automatically ran a diagnosis and did a chkdsk repair and it fixed it :) !

Solution