[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron laptop not compatible with Windows 11 no TPM in bios?

Jack10525

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2016
I've got a dell inspiron 7373 laptop that shows it is not able to be upgraded to windows 11. Basically it shows the laptop does not have TPM support. I've checked online for steps on how to enable tmp but I don't have the option in the bios. I've updated older systems with lower components without issue . Can anybody tell me if I can get TPM on this laptop ?

Solution
Yeah I had it on another computer and just wanted to figure out what I needed to do to get it on my laptop.

If you want to revert back to windows 10 you should be able to create a bootable usb drive but it will erase all your files and settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

This is absolutely why I mention "the simple way". When you use the upgrade assistant everything comes over fine. If you then use the "revert to" function within the first ten (read as nine) days, it goes easy. When you have to pull clean install, reinstall all apps, programs, keys, and so forth it becomes a LOT less streamlined and desirable to do.
After the...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
In all fairness, there are a number of themes emerging that make 10 look and feel a lot like 11. At this point, and in spite of using it on several of my machines I see no poignant reason to change. As a matter of fact I would say that aside from the "play" machines I have it on I wish I had a simple way to revert my work PC. The extra steps, the incompatibility with apps that haven't caught up and other small, bothersome things. I do expect it to get better as time goes on, but simply wasn't ready yet.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yeah I had it on another computer and just wanted to figure out what I needed to do to get it on my laptop.

If you want to revert back to windows 10 you should be able to create a bootable usb drive but it will erase all your files and settings.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows-99a58364-8c02-206f-aa6f-40c3b507420d

This is absolutely why I mention "the simple way". When you use the upgrade assistant everything comes over fine. If you then use the "revert to" function within the first ten (read as nine) days, it goes easy. When you have to pull clean install, reinstall all apps, programs, keys, and so forth it becomes a LOT less streamlined and desirable to do.
After the headache is turned out to be on my work PC I would rather wait it out at this point.

Solution