Question Dell Inspiron P58F, no sound issue.

shawndh

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2013
Hello all. I'm helping a friend of mine with their Dell Inspiron laptop. It's a 15" P58F and it has no sound output from the speakers or the headphone jack. Device manager shows that the audio device (Realtek Audio) is working fine. I uninstalled the driver and installed it again, updated driver and installed latest windows updates. Still not working. The only way we get sound is with a bluetooth device. Other than that, I booted into the diagnostic F12 mode and did an audio test. I did hear the chimes through the audio test, so I know the actual speakers are working. Did I miss something?

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with and what version(not edition) are you on? Using your laptop's serial number on HP's support site, check to see if you have BIOS updates pending for your laptop. As for the drivers, can you see if Waves MaxxAudio Pro was installed as an add-on when you're installing the audio drivers?

Speaking of audio drivers, did you install said driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

The only way we get sound is with a bluetooth device.
In Sound Manager is your default audio output device set to the speakers and not Bluetooth device?