Dell laptop reset

ronkib

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
Hello everyone,
I've been trying to reset my laptop to factory settings and I searched up how to do it. I was following the steps to reset the laptop when I encountered a problem.
First I start the laptop, then at the dell logo I press F8, then I enter the menu and I click 'Repair your computer', after that what's supposed to happen is that my laptop starts up and I'm supposed to get a menu where I can select the keyboard that I wish. Problem is, I'm not getting that menu. It just shows the log-in menu as it would when I normally startup my laptop. I enter my password and it logs me in but nothing happens.

I hope someone will be able to help me with this.

Solution
Hi

What is exact model?
Did this laptop come with win 7 originally or was it upgraded from vista?

You need to read the user guide to confirm if any bios settings need to change before starting the factory reset
Then if f8 or f12 key need to be pressed

I have seen other brands of laptop where recovery proceedure can be password protected by the user/ owner, fortunately the pasword was in plain text not encrypted

If all else fails ask Dell technical support

Regards
Mike Barnes
Hi

What is exact model?
Did this laptop come with win 7 originally or was it upgraded from vista?

You need to read the user guide to confirm if any bios settings need to change before starting the factory reset
Then if f8 or f12 key need to be pressed

I have seen other brands of laptop where recovery proceedure can be password protected by the user/ owner, fortunately the pasword was in plain text not encrypted

If all else fails ask Dell technical support

Regards
Mike Barnes

Solution