Dell Latitude E5530 Audio Problem With Left Speaker...

Nov 12, 2020
I have an E5530. The left speaker does not play equally loud as the right speaker. When I go to Hardware and Sound/Sound/Configure and click the "Test" icon the left speaker is clearly not as loud as the right speaker. I have disassembled twice and see nothing wrong except that one of the wires looks slightly pinched. The mobo is correctly snapped onto the daughter board. When I use a headset I do get a perfect balance.
Has any one else had this problem? Is this just the way the laptop was designed - with a weak, left speaker? Has anyone else tried to replace the speakers thinking that it was the speakers like I do?

I have an E5530. The left speaker does not play equally loud as the right speaker. When I go to Hardware and Sound/Sound/Configure and click the "Test" icon the left speaker is clearly not as loud as the right speaker. I have disassembled twice and see nothing wrong except that one of the wires looks slightly pinched. The mobo is correctly snapped onto the daughter board. When I use a headset I do get a perfect balance.
Has any one else had this problem? Is this just the way the laptop was designed - with a weak, left speaker? Has anyone else tried to replace the speakers thinking that it was the speakers like I do?
Corrupted drivers could cause speakers issues, but also with time (wear and tear) one or both speakers could fail.
Speakers coming in contact with liquid is one of the main causes of failure.
The speakers are replaceable...replacements are found on eBay.

Reactions: Elegant1689
Nov 12, 2020
Corrupted drivers could cause speakers issues, but also with time (wear and tear) one or both speakers could fail.
Speakers coming in contact with liquid is one of the main causes of failure.
The speakers are replaceable...replacements are found on eBay.
Definitely no corrupted drivers, but since I have already taken it apart twice I guess replacing the speakers is probably my best bet.