[SOLVED] Dell latitude power button blinking laptop not turning on

Jan 7, 2021
Please help me fix this laptop. The laptop was working fine but few days ago the charger sparked and the laptop is not turning on. I even ordered a new charger but it still does not turn on. When i press the power button the power light turns on and the laptop turns off. The laptop is also making a weird buzzing noise near the charging port which it was not making when the laptop was working. I have tried replacing the ram removing the hard drive and even removing the bios bettery but its still not working. I suspect the motherboard is dead and needs replacement so please help me fix it.

Dell Latitude E7440

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12S4zv53fUiw-76EC1k6Ilu_szBRhc-N0/view

Please see the video.

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think the laptop has breathed it's last when you mention that the charger sparked and you're hearing a buzzing noise come from the power input area of the laptop. You could try and disconnect the battery and the main power connector, remove the sticks of ram(s) and then press and hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds. Then reassemble the laptop with the ram and reconnect to the wall using your power adapter, see if that helps.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think the laptop has breathed it's last when you mention that the charger sparked and you're hearing a buzzing noise come from the power input area of the laptop. You could try and disconnect the battery and the main power connector, remove the sticks of ram(s) and then press and hold down the power button for at least 30 seconds. Then reassemble the laptop with the ram and reconnect to the wall using your power adapter, see if that helps.

Reactions: Gforce77i
Solution
Jan 7, 2021
The following is on the assumption that the power adaptor you ordered is correct, so many clients order ones that say they are but turn up with different input and output values. Check your original adaptors voltages on the actual adaptor block and compare with the new one. If same then adaptor should be fine, first check done. Now disconnect the battery from the laptop, as Lutfij mentioned hold down the power button for 30 seconds to discharge any residual power. Reconnect the power supply only (leave battery out) and switch on. If still nothing then give it a nice burial.