Dell Monitor showing random colors.

Solution
If your computer is capable of using a HDMI to HDMI cable, or hdmi from the monitor to DVI to the computer, I would go that route. Did you try to wiggle the wire around or disconnect it and rotate it around to see if anything changes?

Kunal Dixit

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013

I didn't get it. This monitor is connected with CPU by HD15 connector and by one power output to power supply. Could you be more specific?

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
In context we are speaking about the monitor displaying random colors. I asked how do you have it connected, meaning the monitor to the computer tower.

VGA or HDMI are your two choices, and you stating HD15 connection (very rarely see it in that form) so you may have a bad cable. VGA are known to display a solid color or give problems to that extent.

Kunal Dixit

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013

I am sorry for the naive answer. :(
I connected it with VGA connector cable which came with the monitor. So should I change the cable? What if I go for HDMI cable?

shardey

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
If your computer is capable of using a HDMI to HDMI cable, or hdmi from the monitor to DVI to the computer, I would go that route. Did you try to wiggle the wire around or disconnect it and rotate it around to see if anything changes?

Solution