Dell Monitor Wall Mount

Is it possible to remove the base from my Dell 17" LCD flat panel
monitor, Model No. E172FPB, and mount the monitor itself on the wall
in front of my digital piano? Does anyone know of any hardware bracket
or mount that will work with this monitor? Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks.

Remove the base from the LCD, Then get some HEAVY DUTY piano wire or
picture frame wire (I Used 6' of Electrical 12 guage THHN copper wire)
and attach to the back of the LCD (I fished it through the vents in
the top and sides), get a decent heavy duty picture hanger setup and
hang from that (Find a stud and screw it in. I did it with a Viewsonic
20" - I cut a hole just above the baseboard and fished the wires down
to it, got a 30 cent plastic wall plate and cut a larger hole in it
and then ran an extension cable to the cpu, the long power cable
reached. Been hanging for over a year now. I doubt you will find a
bracket that will do this and if you do it will probably cost big
$$'s. I did this for under $10

Glassman

On 2 Sep 2004 07:02:05 -0700, fooltergeist@yahoo.com (Filipo) wrote:

>Is it possible to remove the base from my Dell 17" LCD flat panel
>monitor, Model No. E172FPB, and mount the monitor itself on the wall
>in front of my digital piano? Does anyone know of any hardware bracket
>or mount that will work with this monitor? Any help will be
>appreciated. Thanks.

I'd bet there are four screws, in a square, on the back. VESA standard
mounting screws.

Tom
"Filipo" <fooltergeist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to remove the base from my Dell 17" LCD flat panel
> monitor, Model No. E172FPB, and mount the monitor itself on the wall
> in front of my digital piano? Does anyone know of any hardware bracket
> or mount that will work with this monitor? Any help will be
> appreciated. Thanks.

And then go to www.ergotron.com, or google for "VESA mount".

NGA