Dell Optiplex 7050MT Motherboard Form Factor?

Sep 5, 2018
What form factor is the motherboard in the case? From what I can tell it doesn't match any of the ATX or ITX standards and the I/O is on the wrong side to be a BTX board (as unlikely as that already was).

The intent is to replace the entirety of the inside of the pc, and the reason I asked the question was to figured out how close it was to a standard form factor for the purposes of 'resizing' the case.

Any help is appreciated.

Sep 5, 2018

So I'm SOL unless I'm willing to dremel the baseplate and mount new screw holes?
Cool. Guess I need to go buy a dremel now.

if this is the board you are speaking of ?
if so then it looks like an ATX if you consider orientation of PCIE and ports, inside the red box.
the extras (green arrow pointed at it)look like usb connectors etc. probably sticks out the case/server box for some reason, but should fit in sise in a mid-tower atx case. Also you will need the 24->8 pin 12v converter for Dell, as that is what this board run on, just like my 7020 board.

IwWdn6w.png

Sep 5, 2018

You have it backwards.
I need to put a different board inside the case, not that board in a different case. I'm working on a sleeper, so I need to fit an entire gaming PC in there.

Parts swapping with Dells is almost always a bad idea. Even if theMB fits they use all kinds of proprietary cables and connectors which vary from model to model. They also don't publish the pinouts on those things. Dell makes enough of each computer to treat them as individaul sytems. By the time you bork around with the PSU connectors, the front I/O board and cables, MB fastener layout, you'll wish you just built an ATX to start with.

Sep 5, 2018

You didn't read what I said. I'm using the case and that is all. Literally replacing the entire inside of the PC. New psu, tearing out the SSD carriage, etc.

I read what you said. You will need to deal with the proprietary front I/o panel and cabling. Many times Dell cuts the rear I/O into the metal at the rear instead of a removeable plate. If Dell wants to move bolt holes around they do. If Dell wants to use non standard fastener threads in some places they do. But if that's what you want to do. Go for it. But if you can't make it work you will probaly be very much on your own. Dell also likes to have metal tabs sticking up at various places under the MB to support things. With a different board they might short something out. Sometimes it's not tabs but stamped risers. Especially under the CPU instead of a backplate for the cooler. These are things I have to consider just to swap a Dell MB into another Dell.
It's your computer, do what you want with it. I didn't say it can't be done. I said it's usually a bad idea. But you don't have to take my word for it.

Basically OP has to pull anything with wires from front panel and replace with after market parts, such as power button, USB ports, everything....