Dell Optiplex GX280 Power Supply

Chessguy234

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Hello, I have heard some Dell computers use a proprietary power supply, and I was wonder if this is true for the Dell Optiplex GX280 Small Desktop. I would like to upgrade the psu, but do not want to buy a psu which will not work in the computer. If I can not buy a regular ATX psu, can you tell me where I can get a power supply which will be compatible with my PC? Thanks!

Solution
You can't put regular PSU. I've been working with Dell for years and GX280 is one of the worst models they have ever made. You don't need to upgrade PSU because you can't fit anything on that mobo. So it's waste of money. You can put Dell supply 300-360W and you can find it on ebay at least but it's waste of time and money for sure.

Feldmarschall

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
You can't put regular PSU. I've been working with Dell for years and GX280 is one of the worst models they have ever made. You don't need to upgrade PSU because you can't fit anything on that mobo. So it's waste of money. You can put Dell supply 300-360W and you can find it on ebay at least but it's waste of time and money for sure.

Solution