[SOLVED] Dell precision t7500

Dec 30, 2018
I want to swap the psu on dell t7500 to a lower comsumption one can i change it to 600w or 700w or 800w psu? if needed here are my specs an rx 580 red devil golden sample and Xeon x5690

Solution
Changing the power supply won't change your power usage significantly. Maybe 10% because of a more efficient power supply. Your system will not use the rated wattage from the power supply all the time. It will only use the amount required.

kanewolf

Titan
Changing the power supply won't change your power usage significantly. Maybe 10% because of a more efficient power supply. Your system will not use the rated wattage from the power supply all the time. It will only use the amount required.

Solution

Elf_Knight

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
The power supply only draws as much power as each part needs so if your PC parts use 300 watts total, for example, and the power supply is 600 watts then your PC would only draw 300 watts from the wall even though the Power Supply is rated for 600 watts. I looked up your PC spec sheet online and according to Dell it has an 1100 watt power supply. I would keep that PSU cause then you can add any graphics card you want or CPU assuming your case can fit it. Better to have a bigger PSU and not need it then need it and not have it. No need to worry about a massive electric bill. Your PC doesn't use much electricity anyway i don't think.