Dell Selling Multi-Touch LCD for Windows 7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustseehdtv

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
OOh, I want this!!! From the posts here, looks like I'm the only one. Most touchscreens have crappy resolution. This is at least 1920x1080.

Like I have said in other posts, it would be great if my coworker had a touchscreen. When I'm helping him out, I'm always pointing in the screen on where I want him to go and what window to pull up. If he had a touchscreen, it would come up.

bad_code

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ominous prime[/nom]I can't see myself touching my monitor at home, the damn fingerprints would drive me crazy while gaming or watching movies.[/citation]

Exactly! Why the heck would you want to be touching your monitor, leaving finger prints all over the place. I think it would be nice if you had a PC in the kitchen and you had computerized cook books on the computer or a home automation system connected to your PC, but I would never use it for my normal game/work computer.

G

hi guys,

i can see an interesting usage model:
win 7 computer with one small multi touch screen and a huge hdtv for watching content... the small touch screen stays near your couch and you can search and prepare media for consumption on the big screen... search it on the small 14inch multi touch, view it on the big 65inch...

i got everything i needed except the multi touch LCD that would work well with win 7... i need the cheapest... around 14" would do (to keep cost down)...

now, does any of you know where I can find the multi touch monitor i need? if yes please email me at mariusmarcu@global.t-bird.edu

i am really into trying that usage model. thank you !!!
m

G

I have a 2 year old - a touch screen with a decent price would be awesome. He wants to touch the screen as it is now, but when he does it's not interactive. The touchscreen would make toddler games much easier to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS