Dell Studio XPS 435MT upgrade to Windows 8

Solution
No, I am sure no refund is in your future. Sorry.

A full/clean install would be better in the long run anyway. Also, more expensive.

retired4good956

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012

Yes, and I read everything on this thread so I realize that it could be one of a hundred items causing windows 8 to fail to install. I tried Dell and all I got from them was that if I paid $129.00 they would install it for me. I called MS tech support and they said that I would need to buy the Win 8 CD and do a clean install. I suppose they will not refund the money that I paid for the download?

Thanks for the quick reply to my question.

Ed J.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Could not have said any better. +1

retired4good956

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
I am in my 70's and love life, I like to try new things, I sit at my computer several hours every day. I even watch TV on it! I also like to know how things work or in this case not work? MS tells me that the problem is that I purchased the computer in the US but now I am in Europe and bought the win 8 download here in Europe and that is why it will not install, I think this is BS and they do not know what is the real problem. I guess I will try a clean install only I'm afraid of losing win7. It was a Dell free upgrade from win vista.

KiwiPete

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Just tried to install Win 8 64 bit (clean) on Dell 435mt and failed. No error messages during installs - just the final reboot after finishing off said sorry win 8 not compatible with pc. Have gone back to Vista 64 bit. Will reassess again in the future.