Question Dell T7810 wit Solid State Drive

Jan 29, 2024
I purchased a Dell T7810 28-Core 2X E5-2690 v4 128GB DDR4 512GB SSD +8TB K2200 Win11 WIFI with SSD as an Ebay Refurbished - Very Good Condition.

It made a terrible noise from the drive area when it actually turned on and booted up twice out of about 50 tries.

I am attaching a video of the issue.

First, is this actually a SSD? I thought there were no moving parts.

Second, what is the issue?

Thank you so much in advance.

The seller says this 'makes no sense.' I don't know what does not make sense about this.
I would appreciate any insight here. Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024
Thank you for your suggestion. However, in this particular model the fan is at the opposite end of the computer and not located in the area of the clicking noise / sound.

The noise is coming from the hard disk area and as you can see and hear it is correlated precisely to the rotation of the drive or something associated with the drive.

This is definitely not an issue with the fan.

Can an issue with a fan cause a computer to not boot up?

Its the fan on the left. You can see it struggle than ramp up at 26 sec mark. Most likely wire shifted and is hitting fan from shipping.

Maybe you can look in there through the vents and see if you can push wire away from blade with chopsticks WOODEN non metal. And make sure it's OFF and unplugged and hold down the power button for 20 sec to discharge power supply if you do try.

Don't open it. If a quick fix does not help file a claim ASAP with ebay for a return like USAFRet suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Later123
Jan 29, 2024
Thank you so much. I have returned it.

The problem was that the seller kept telling me this 'made no sense' and refused to view the video, which you all did view and I again thank you for your replies.

I believe the seller has a bit of a problem.