Dell to Produce Android Mobile Internet Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
With the market saturated by iPhone wannabes, and yet dominated by the iPhone itself... if I were Dell, why bother? The return on investment would likely be poor without carrier support.

mdmadph

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Yeah, your name suits you.

Take a look at some market surveys -- there are FAR more Blackberry devices out there than there are iPhones.

The iPhone is neat, but it isn't even as ubiquitous as the iPod.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
I would love to see a device the size of a NDS with a full size keyboard on the bottom half (when folded open) en a huge screen in the top half.
Yes i know it would be huge but here comes the kicker if the device is that big we could drop in a huge battery and finally go away for the weekend while not needing to recharge the battery's twice a day.

The bigger size would give room more RAM more cpu power (more room for cooling) and the screen could be almost twice as big as the screen on my G1.
Calling people would be possible using either a bluetooth headset in style and sold together with the device or by flipping it open dialing a number closing it up again and holding it to your ear.

There is no need for an external screen but if people feel their should be one it should be no problem to create one small enough to hardly cost any power but big enough to read the number from the incoming call.
Though personally i would prefer the outside to be just the outside no screens or buttons on top or bottom.

Now that would be a device i would buy !

TheMan1214

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I still think that if people went with the best designed and executed products, there would be few iphone users. The recent OS update was stupid and unnecessary and should have been what was supported originally

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I [citation][nom]hemelskonijn[/nom]I would love to see a device the size of a NDS with a full size keyboard on the bottom half (when folded open) en a huge screen in the top half.Yes i know it would be huge but here comes the kicker if the device is that big we could drop in a huge battery and finally go away for the weekend while not needing to recharge the battery's twice a day.The bigger size would give room more RAM more cpu power (more room for cooling) and the screen could be almost twice as big as the screen on my G1.Calling people would be possible using either a bluetooth headset in style and sold together with the device or by flipping it open dialing a number closing it up again and holding it to your ear.There is no need for an external screen but if people feel their should be one it should be no problem to create one small enough to hardly cost any power but big enough to read the number from the incoming call.Though personally i would prefer the outside to be just the outside no screens or buttons on top or bottom.Now that would be a device i would buy ![/citation]

I think what you're thinking of is a netbook.

G

Dell's new product is short on what the market looks for, and long on trying to leverage Dell's distribution. Why would this product be desirable, given the capabilities and pricing of an iPhone, Pre or netbook? Dell must change its operating model to regain profits, and that won't happen by trying to push uninteresting new products on customers. Read more at http://www.ThePhoenixPrinciple.com

Status
Not open for further replies.