[SOLVED] Dell U2412M monitor - power save mode problems ?

Springwood1

Commendable
Dec 12, 2019
I've had the above monitor successfully working (via a VGA cable) to a Dell Optiplex 3020 base unit for a year or so. Today I decided to do a gentle internal dusting out inside the base unit, which means disconnecting everything from the pc. After putting it back together, I am left with a problem. When I switch the pc on, it boots up fine and there is output on the screen. When I click power==>sleep, the pc switches down and the monitor goes off. Quite normal and what I have been used to. A single left click on the mouse powers the pc back on again but I am getting nothing on the screen - it remains black. The only way I can then switch off is to hold the power button on for 3 or 4 seconds until the pc shuts down.

I understand something has been upset in the power save mode settings somewhere - as a result of taking the VGA cable out of the back of the pc but I just don't know how to resolve the issue. Can anyone help??

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to see if your Dell OptiPlex has any BIOS updates pending. As for your BIOS, does the time on the BIOS reset? It's to do with your platform, not the monitor, or so it would seem from your description. What OS are you working with at the time of writing?

Springwood1

Commendable
Dec 12, 2019
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Using a command line, I typed msinfo32 and on system summary the BIOS version/date reads Dell Inc. A14 01/11/2016. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card installed but I am not sure if the drivers are up to date. Could this be contributing to the problem?

Springwood1

Commendable
Dec 12, 2019
A new day..had a look inside the case and there is no battery on the motherboard. Decided to carefully lift out each stick of RAM , gently cleaned the gold contacts and put them back. Connected up again and, as if by magic, all is working as it should again!! Coming back from sleep mode is fine now in so much as the display is there straight away :D

TRENDING THREADS