Dell Unveils Inspiron 11z: Better Than Netbook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

felipetga

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I would get one with an atom 330 dualcore and 9400M chipset.
Are there any interferences by Intel to sell atom with the ION platform??

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Ramar[/nom]Three hours of battery life? No thanks.[/citation]
Seriously long bat life is suppose to be a backbone of netbooks.

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]Needs a dual core processor, a little more ram, and more battery.[/citation]

Yeah, and throw in a 15 inch screen and a 7200 RPM hard drive...Oh wait, its not a netbook anymore.

Ryun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
The specs look pretty similar to the Gateway LT3103u I just picked up, though I got a 6-cell battery that lasts me a good 5 hours (whole notebook cost me $20 less too). Since that celeron is based on the core architecture it should make for a very capable notebook/netbook though a 6 cell is pretty much a must.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]Needs a dual core processor, a little more ram, and more battery.[/citation]

Yeah. Faster processor, more RAM, and better battery life. Wait, now we have a notebook. Seriously. A solution in search of a problem.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]Yeah, and throw in a 15 inch screen and a 7200 RPM hard drive...Oh wait, its not a netbook anymore.[/citation]

Yeah, but makes it a 17" WUXGA screen instead.
Screw 10"+ netbooks. If I'm going to get something the size of a notebook, I want notebook specs...

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
The Notebook Graphic Dilema:
NVidia VGA for CUDA and faster and time bomb (aka defect chip)
or
ATI for slow but no CUDA (It has stream but beside Cyberlink, there is no company that currently able to use it).

grampsoldtimer

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
But, it's a Dell. Dell = under powered, over priced. I also can't believe my eyes when people post raves about a Celeron. I guess after 23 years of computers, one developes some bias.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Not impressed Dell, No Ubuntu option to save me $50+ bucks either. Why should I pay for a Microbloat license if I don't want it on my netbook?

G

You're complaining about the resolution? The screen is 11 inches. If the resolution was any lower, you wouldn't be able to read anything on it.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]Seriously long bat life is suppose to be a backbone of netbooks.[/citation]

I thought this was supposed to be a low-cost notebook, not a netbook?

Hell, it's hard to tell anymore, the lines are being quite blurred as of late.

I would think most "netbooks" run with an Atom, which does help to provide superior battery life, which might explain why this net/notebook with it's celery processor only sustains about 3 hours.

All guesses on my part though, if I was going for a small PC like this, I'd just go with Asus I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.