Dell Updates Notebook Lineup With Alienware, XPS And Inspiron SKUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
I have an Inspiron 15 7000 series from last year and no major complaints. (i7, GF750M 16GB RAM, 2GB GDDR5 and I swapped the 1TB spinner for a 240GB SSD).

It's a Full HD and I think it could use a downgrade to 1600x900 on a screen this small.

Aside from that there have been some minor hardware complaints that were fixed by Dell sending me the raw service parts for replacement (I like how they show their customers respect and not treat them like idiots - Sony could take note)

This thing is a beauty of serviceability too. Comes apart and goes back together like LEGO. Apple could take a few product design pointers from Dell on that front.

Their customer service is also really good, customized with one tech assigned to your ticket until it's resolved.

Based on my experience another company would have to make a hell of an argument before I'd switch.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
Whats really bugging me here is the "high end" or gaming laptops are still coming with 1980p screens. I game a little, but my gaming laptop is used more for photo editing and video editing. Whats the deal with the sub par screens on high end laptop's and these cheap laptops coming out with 4k screens all the time, at least 4 generations of them now.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I would like to see the higher resolution screens on the gaming laptops not the skinny poser girl models. I'm looking to finally upgrade my m17X R3 that was the tiptop at the time with a 580GTXm, quadcore i7 2920XM, 24GB ram and 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD and 500GB storage drive. I keep it lean and mean but the video is starting to get left behind in some games but hangs in most. I was hoping Razer would release a 970m or 980m based 15" laptop but they have been disturbingly quiet regarding their laptop updates for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.